    thing happened. Anybody know what is going on.

    Thanks,

    Lonnie

    Lonnie, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Lonnie

    jt Guest

    Hi Lonnie,

    this is just an assumption ( I'm not mister know-it-all ) but PAT
    uses random port numbers while NAT does it 1:1. So, PAT-based
    requests may fail when the target replies originate from a different port
    and the PIX does not have a slot for it. Try "logging trap info" to see if
    it's an xlate issue ( not trans group found for....outside...inside ).

    jt

    jt, Jun 2, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    Lonnie <> wrote:
    :I have been having trouble transfering large files on my network. When
    :eek:ne of my clients uses SQL enterprise mamanger to connect to a group
    :eek:f 5 SQL servers in the DMZ it causes all large file transfers to and
    :from the Internal int to the DMZ int to fail. We get the generic error
    :"The specified network name is no longer available". Only users that
    :are using the same global PAT are effected.

    How are those other users transfering their files?

    :I have another machine
    :that has a static NAT that can transfer files to and from the Int to
    :the DMZ with no problems. USing the show xlate command I can see that
    :the SQL enterprise manager is using about 40-50 translations.

    That bit about 40-50 translations reminds me of something I read
    on the cisco site just a few days ago. Is the person using the SQL
    manager perchance connecting to your network using a VPN?
    --
    Usenet is one of those "Good News/Bad News" comedy routines.

    Walter Roberson, Jun 2, 2004