Strange backup problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TT, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. TT

    TT Guest

    ve just had to reinstall XP, and have reinstalled Microsoft Office 97
    in my Dell 2400.
    But a strange thing happens when I open some Word files I get the
    message

    "... (file).doc is being used...Do you want to make a copy?"

    I've had a problem before whith this where I had to go into the
    preferences of each backed up Word folder and change Read only-- to
    unclicked.

    The strangest thing is, whenever I unclick a folder, it becomes clicked
    again with a gray click every time. It seems I cannot unclick the
    folder.

    Some Word files are ok, some come up with this starnge message. But
    otherwise work OK. If I try to type in the Word file, without
    cancelling the request box, it asks me if i want to make a copy.

    Any clues?

    Thanks

    TT, Jul 5, 2005