    plays and the message "codec download failed" appears. Why is this
    happening, and what do I have to do to get the video to work?

    Thanks for your help!!
    Croos Bustamunky, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Croos Bustamunky

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:11:37 GMT, "Croos Bustamunky" <>
    wrote:
    >I have an .avi file of a movie that I am trying to play with Media Player.
    >When I play it the message appears at the bottom of Media Player saying
    >"contacting codec server," then "downloading codec," then only the audio
    >plays and the message "codec download failed" appears. Why is this
    >happening, and what do I have to do to get the video to work?
    >
    >Thanks for your help!!

    Codec resources:

    First, download "Gspot" to determine exactly which codec you need.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    DivX 5.0.5
    http://www.divx.com/divx/

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and
    audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    ACE Mega Codec Pack 5.93 Professional Edition has practically every codec
    you need or ever wanted.
    As of 7/13/03, this contains the latest version of every codec including
    DivX and XviD and Gspot.
    http://www.click-now.net/downloads.htm

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers
    Unk, Feb 3, 2004

  3. On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:11:37 +0000, Croos Bustamunky wrote:

    > I have an .avi file of a movie that I am trying to play with Media Player.
    > When I play it the message appears at the bottom of Media Player saying
    > "contacting codec server," then "downloading codec," then only the audio
    > plays and the message "codec download failed" appears. Why is this
    > happening, and what do I have to do to get the video to work?

    needs.

    --
    Michael Turner
    michael turner, Feb 3, 2004