  1. In the last month or so, I keep seeing new icons appear each day for the
    unchanging bookmarks on my toolbar. What gives?

    I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 with XP Pro.
    JackD@q[pr.com, Jul 10, 2009

  2. JackD@q[pr.com wrote:
    > In the last month or so, I keep seeing new icons appear each day for the
    > unchanging bookmarks on my toolbar. What gives?
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 with XP Pro.

    what are you talking about? How about providing a
    screenshot somewhere so we can see what you're talking
    about?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 10, 2009

  3. JackD@q[pr.com

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:52:51 -0500, in message <>
    JackD@q[pr.com wrote:

    > In the last month or so, I keep seeing new icons appear each day for the
    > unchanging bookmarks on my toolbar. What gives?
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 with XP Pro.

    If the web site or web page changes its favicon, then Firefox 3
    will update the bookmark's icon.

    Similarly if the browser cannot load the page icon for any reason
    and reverts to using the site icon, then Firefox 3 will change the
    bookmark's icon from the page icon to the site icon. If the page
    icon loads next time you use the bookmark, then the bookmark's
    icon will change back again.

    I have seen bookmarks to Google Groups pages change from the
    "speech bubbles" page icon from http://groups.google.com/groups/img/3/favicon.ico
    to the "multi-coloured g" site icon from http://groups.google.com/favicon.ico
    and back again.

    --
    Regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jul 11, 2009
  4. On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 13:59:16 +1200, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:52:51 -0500, in message <>
    >JackD@q[pr.com wrote:
    >
    >> In the last month or so, I keep seeing new icons appear each day for the
    >> unchanging bookmarks on my toolbar. What gives?
    >>
    >> I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 with XP Pro.

    >If the web site or web page changes its favicon, then Firefox 3
    >will update the bookmark's icon.
    >

    >Similarly if the browser cannot load the page icon for any reason
    >and reverts to using the site icon, then Firefox 3 will change the
    >bookmark's icon from the page icon to the site icon. If the page
    >icon loads next time you use the bookmark, then the bookmark's
    >icon will change back again.
    >

    >I have seen bookmarks to Google Groups pages change from the
    >"speech bubbles" page icon from http://groups.google.com/groups/img/3/favicon.ico
    >to the "multi-coloured g" site icon from http://groups.google.com/favicon.ico
    >and back again.

    BINGO!

    Thank you.

    (Jeesh! Things have come a long way from Lynx.)
    JackD@q[pr.com, Jul 11, 2009