    say filter and trap. Could it be different for different models and
    IOSes?

    Thanks!

    pfisterfarm, Mar 25, 2010

  2. pfisterfarm

    stretch

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Fairfax, VA, US
    "storm-control action trap" only sends an SNMP trap (versus "action shutdown").

    stretch, Mar 30, 2010

  3. pfisterfarm

    colin Guest

    conf t
    int X
    storm-control action shutdown
    storm-control action trap
    storm-control broadcast level pps 100
    storm-control multicast level pps 100
    end

    notice that i configured shutdown as well as trap, this within two sepperate
    lines.
    trap only warns you that it exeeded the threashold.
    shutdown, well as it says, it pulls the port down.

    sometimes it is used together with:

    errdisable recovery cause storm-control
    errdisable recovery interval 30

    recovering 30 sek after the shutdown and giving it another try.

    be sure where you are deploying it, otherwise things go up n down... but at
    least you got the logs..

    colin

    colin, Mar 30, 2010