    can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?

    Thanks,

    Michael

    Michael M, May 1, 2005

  2. Michael M wrote:

    > Win xp home--- outless express

    > Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.

    > How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
    > can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?

    No. You're not the server administrator.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 1, 2005

  3. Michael M wrote:
    > Win xp home--- outless express
    >
    > Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
    >
    > How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
    > can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?

    Yes, change to a good news server. Give the people who make it happen
    some money, use their server. It's that easy.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 1, 2005
  4. Michael  M

    Old Gringo Guest

    Michael M wrote:
    > Win xp home--- outless express
    >
    > Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
    >
    > How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
    > can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael

    Look under tools, options area and set OE to keep the messages
    longer. The messages are probably on the server, just not being held
    in OE as long as you would like. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, May 1, 2005
  5. Michael  M

    trout Guest

    Michael M wrote:

    > Win xp home--- outless express
    >
    > Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
    >
    > How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a
    > setting that can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael

    No. But why not just save what you're interested in *locally*?
    You can change your Maintenance settings (Tools; Options; Maintenance
    tab) to keep local content longer, or create a new folder in OE (call it
    something brilliant like "Saved Posts") and use right-click; "Copy to
    Folder..." to tuck them away for posterity.
    --
    You can keep them anywhere, really.

    trout, May 1, 2005
  6. Michael  M

    philo Guest

    Michael M wrote:
    > Win xp home--- outless express
    >
    > Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
    >
    > How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
    > can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael

    you can always use google groups to read older posts

    philo, May 1, 2005
  7. Michael  M

    Michael M Guest

    Thanks,