  1. I want to save the wireless profiles so that I don't have to manually enter
    them after I reinstall Windows. I am running windows XP with SP2. Is this
    possible and if yes, how do I do that?
    =?Utf-8?B?c3RlZWxtYW4=?=, Aug 27, 2007

  2. "steelman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want to save the wireless profiles so that I don't have to manually enter
    > them after I reinstall Windows. I am running windows XP with SP2. Is this
    > possible and if yes, how do I do that?

    Yes, use Windows Connect Now (WCN) to save off your settings to a flash
    drive...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
    Sooner Al [MVP], Aug 27, 2007

  3. But this only applies for new profiles. I want to save the ones I allready
    have.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RlZWxtYW4=?=, Aug 27, 2007
  4. "steelman" <> wrote in message
    > But this only applies for new profiles. I want to save the ones I allready
    > have.
    >
    > "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> "steelman" <> wrote in message
    >> >I want to save the wireless profiles so that I don't have to manually
    >> >enter
    >> > them after I reinstall Windows. I am running windows XP with SP2. Is
    >> > this
    >> > possible and if yes, how do I do that?

    >> Yes, use Windows Connect Now (WCN) to save off your settings to a flash
    >> drive...
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0604.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >>
    >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
    >> mutual benefit of all of us...
    >> rights...
    >> How to ask a question
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    I know with Vista you should be able to do that via group policies or netsh
    commands. I don't think that pertains to XP though. What wireless hardware
    are you running? Perhaps the wireless manager, ie. versus using WZC in
    Windows, for that particular hardware may let you save off profiles.

    Sooner Al [MVP], Aug 27, 2007
  5. Hi
    What is the make up if the Wireless profiles that you want to save?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 27, 2007
  6. "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
    > I know with Vista you should be able to do that via group policies or netsh
    > commands. I don't think that pertains to XP though. What wireless hardware
    > are you running? Perhaps the wireless manager, ie. versus using WZC in
    > Windows, for that particular hardware may let you save off profiles.

    WinXP GUI and netsh can't to this.

    The OP can try it to export his profiles to XML uising Wlan API (KB918997).
    I haven't tried this, so no promises... the function is WlanGetProfile.
    Please see MSDN for details.

    Regards,
    --PA
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Aug 28, 2007
  7. The make of my wireless adapter is Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG. Was that the
    answer to your question?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RlZWxtYW4=?=, Aug 29, 2007