Store and Forward Fax via H323

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Cliff Campbell, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Okay, I recently purchased a VCware board to do T.37 Store and Forward
    Faxing. It's working great for POTS lines, (dial-peers 1 & 2899) but I
    would prefer to have the inbound gateway be an H323 gateway instead of a
    T1/PRI. This is an integration with a Cisco CallManager(3.3(3)sr1),
    currently using a 6608 port set to network and a T1 crossover to interface
    with an AS5300(IOS 12.3(3) w/ 11.32 VCware).

    Now I've managed to set up a functioning h323 gateway connection between CCM
    and the AS5300. I cannot get the app_faxmail_onramp tcl script to work when
    receiving an inbound connection from the H323 gateway only T1/PRI. I'm
    confident that I've setup the H323 gateway correctly, because Ciscos
    app_fax_detect works going through both the H323 gateway (dial-peer 2898)
    and POTS (dial-peer 2897) gateway (I hear it tell me "press one for voice,
    or start fax"). When I press a button two very different things happen.
    When I hit a button dialing in from the POTS, I get fax tone. When I hit a
    button coming in on the H323 gateway I get nothing. Both times though,
    debug dialpeer shows a match on dial peer 2897 and 2898, respectivly. I've
    also tried dial-peer two running the onramp-app that works well for my pots
    (dial-peer 2899) line and the T.38/T.37 fax rollover script with no success.
    Even relevant debug commands to run would be helpful.

    Hope someone can help.
    Cliff

    voice service voip
    fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
    h323
    ras rrq dynamic prefixes
    modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
    !
    voice class codec 1
    codec preference 1 g711ulaw
    !
    voice class h323 1
    h225 timeout tcp establish 3
    call start slow
    call application voice onramp-app flash:app_faxmail_onramp.tcl
    !
    call application voice fax-detect flash:app_fax_detect.2.1.2.2.tcl
    call application voice fax-detect mode default-fax
    call application voice fax-detect prompt flash:en_default_fax.au
    !
    call application voice rollover flash:fax_rollover_on_busy.2.0.0.tcl

    Dial Peers are:
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    application onramp-app
    incoming called-number 2899
    information-type fax
    direct-inward-dial
    !
    dial-peer voice 2 voip
    application fax-detect
    incoming called-number 2898
    voice-class h323 1
    session target ipv4:10.199.0.10
    dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
    codec g711ulaw
    fax-relay ecm disable
    fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
    no vad
    !
    dial-peer voice 2899 mmoip
    application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
    destination-pattern 2899
    information-type fax
    session target mailto:
    !
    dial-peer voice 2898 mmoip
    application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
    destination-pattern 2898
    information-type fax
    session target mailto:
    !
    dial-peer voice 3 pots
    application fax-detect
    incoming called-number 2897
    direct-inward-dial
    !
    dial-peer voice 2897 mmoip
    application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
    destination-pattern 2897
    information-type fax
    session target mailto:

    Cliff Campbell, Oct 21, 2003