    drive. It either works or it dont huh. But what would be a good hard
    drive to get. I don't need the latest wiz bang technological
    masterpiece. Just a good, simple basic h/d. Oh yeah. Did I say cheap. lol

    Nick, Aug 17, 2004

  2. In article <4121ddc5$>, says...
    > I got more mp3's than this old computer can handle. And so I need to
    > get another hard rive. At the mo I have a 20 gig, I know, but thats all
    > I need. part from wanting to keep music on my computer. Anyway, I
    > thought about getting a 40 or even a 60 gig hard rive since I think, for
    > now at least, I got all the music I want. Or for that matter need.
    > Anyway, my question. I don t know much about makes and costs of hard
    > drive. It either works or it dont huh. But what would be a good hard
    > drive to get. I don't need the latest wiz bang technological
    > masterpiece. Just a good, simple basic h/d. Oh yeah. Did I say cheap. lol

    Get a Seagate with a 5 year warranty..
    See http://www.pricespy.co.nz

    wogers nemesis, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Nick

    Karen Parker Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:37:34 +1200, Nick <> wrote:

    >I got more mp3's than this old computer can handle. And so I need to
    >get another hard rive. At the mo I have a 20 gig, I know, but thats all
    >I need. part from wanting to keep music on my computer. Anyway, I
    >thought about getting a 40 or even a 60 gig hard rive since I think, for
    >now at least, I got all the music I want. Or for that matter need.
    >Anyway, my question. I don t know much about makes and costs of hard
    >drive. It either works or it dont huh. But what would be a good hard
    >drive to get. I don't need the latest wiz bang technological
    >masterpiece. Just a good, simple basic h/d. Oh yeah. Did I say cheap. lol

    DSE are flagged now as the cheapest, I think that 60g is the smallest these
    days, but why not burn them on CD's..?

    $119 inc for the 60g Maxtor or $133 for the 80g WD

    Karen Parker, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Nick

    Steve Guest

    wogers nemesis wrote:
    > In article <4121ddc5$>, says...
    >
    >>I got more mp3's than this old computer can handle. And so I need to
    >>get another hard rive. At the mo I have a 20 gig, I know, but thats all
    >>I need. part from wanting to keep music on my computer. Anyway, I
    >>thought about getting a 40 or even a 60 gig hard rive since I think, for
    >>now at least, I got all the music I want. Or for that matter need.
    >>Anyway, my question. I don t know much about makes and costs of hard
    >>drive. It either works or it dont huh. But what would be a good hard
    >>drive to get. I don't need the latest wiz bang technological
    >>masterpiece. Just a good, simple basic h/d. Oh yeah. Did I say cheap. lol
    >>

    > Get a Seagate with a 5 year warranty..
    > See http://www.pricespy.co.nz

    ....I think that's a 3 year warranty. And I don't think people even sell
    40GB disks any more, 80GB up now.

    Steve, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Karen Parker wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:37:34 +1200, Nick <> wrote:
    >

    >>I got more mp3's than this old computer can handle. And so I need to
    >>get another hard rive. At the mo I have a 20 gig, I know, but thats all
    >>I need. part from wanting to keep music on my computer. Anyway, I
    >>thought about getting a 40 or even a 60 gig hard rive since I think, for
    >>now at least, I got all the music I want. Or for that matter need.
    >>Anyway, my question. I don t know much about makes and costs of hard
    >>drive. It either works or it dont huh. But what would be a good hard
    >>drive to get. I don't need the latest wiz bang technological
    >>masterpiece. Just a good, simple basic h/d. Oh yeah. Did I say cheap. lol

    > DSE are flagged now as the cheapest, I think that 60g is the smallest these
    > days, but why not burn them on CD's..?
    >
    > $119 inc for the 60g Maxtor or $133 for the 80g WD

    Already backed up onto cd thanks. But to ahve em on the computer saves
    pissing around with cd's when you want to look for a song huh.

    Nick, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Nick, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Nick

    colinco Guest

    In article Steve says...
    > ...I think that's a 3 year warranty. And I don't think people even sell
    > 40GB disks any more, 80GB up now.

    Seagate have upped their warranty to 5yr. Ascent show 60 Months for
    Seagate. You can still get 40s and 60s but they are older stock priced
    almost as high as an 80.

    colinco, Aug 17, 2004