    System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless access
    point.
    Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?
    Tr0n1, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Tr0n1

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:04:07 GMT "Tr0n1"
    used 11 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    I don't know about the LCD, but what about dust and bugs in the
    garage?

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email
    G. Morgan, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Tr0n1

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to re-locate my network server, I'm thinking my garage would do
    > perfect for that, average temp during winters, 38 degrees fahrenheit.
    > System is newly build p4 at 3.2ghz, 1gig ram, 4 harddrives, and a dvd
    > burner with a lcd monitor.
    > System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless access
    > point.
    > Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    Just leave the monitor switched off .. ;)

    I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    allegedly ... ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    Paul - xxx, Oct 19, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, "Paul - xxx" <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to re-locate my network server, I'm thinking my garage would do
    >> perfect for that, average temp during winters, 38 degrees fahrenheit.
    >> System is newly build p4 at 3.2ghz, 1gig ram, 4 harddrives, and a dvd
    >> burner with a lcd monitor.
    >> System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless access
    >> point.
    >> Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    >Just leave the monitor switched off .. ;)
    >
    >I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    >heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    >allegedly ... ;)

    How about the mice? They'll find a nice, warm home there, too.
    BTW, the family cat has caught a record 5 in my garage this year. Even
    offered to "share" one with me.....
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Tr0n1

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:

    > Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...
    >> Hi all,

    > I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    > heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    > allegedly ... ;)

    Well bug-ger me!
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Tr0n1

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:

    >Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to re-locate my network server, I'm thinking my garage would do
    >> perfect for that, average temp during winters, 38 degrees fahrenheit.
    >> System is newly build p4 at 3.2ghz, 1gig ram, 4 harddrives, and a dvd
    >> burner with a lcd monitor.
    >> System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless access
    >> point.
    >> Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    >Just leave the monitor switched off .. ;)
    >
    >I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    >heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    >allegedly ... ;)

    http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Hopper.html
    Admiral Grace Hooper

    ... she discovered the first computer "bug." It was a real moth,
    which she pasted into the UNIVAC I logbook.

    Me
    why?, Oct 19, 2004
  7. Tr0n1

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor vaguely muttered something like ...
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    > 19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, "Paul - xxx" <>
    > screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >
    >> Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I want to re-locate my network server, I'm thinking my garage would do
    >>> perfect for that, average temp during winters, 38 degrees fahrenheit.
    >>> System is newly build p4 at 3.2ghz, 1gig ram, 4 harddrives, and a dvd
    >>> burner with a lcd monitor.
    >>> System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless
    >>> access point.
    >>> Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    >> Just leave the monitor switched off .. ;)
    >>
    >> I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    >> heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    >> allegedly ... ;)

    > How about the mice? They'll find a nice, warm home there, too.
    > BTW, the family cat has caught a record 5 in my garage this year. Even
    > offered to "share" one with me.....

    ahhhh, aint that nice ....

    Bloody cats. Mother-in-law has some. A few. Seems like bloody hundreds
    and it's _them_ who rule the house ... ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    Paul - xxx, Oct 19, 2004
  8. Tr0n1

    Paul - xxx Guest

    why? vaguely muttered something like ...
    > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:
    >
    >> Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I want to re-locate my network server, I'm thinking my garage would do
    >>> perfect for that, average temp during winters, 38 degrees fahrenheit.
    >>> System is newly build p4 at 3.2ghz, 1gig ram, 4 harddrives, and a dvd
    >>> burner with a lcd monitor.
    >>> System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless
    >>> access point.
    >>> Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    >> Just leave the monitor switched off .. ;)
    >>
    >> I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    >> heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    >> allegedly ... ;)

    > http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Hopper.html
    > Admiral Grace Hooper
    >
    > ... she discovered the first computer "bug." It was a real moth,
    > which she pasted into the UNIVAC I logbook.

    I knew that ... <cough> ,, ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!
    Paul - xxx, Oct 19, 2004
  9. Tr0n1

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:00:46 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:

    >why? vaguely muttered something like ...
    >> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, Paul - xxx wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...

    <snip>

    >>> I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    >>> heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called bugs ...
    >>> allegedly ... ;)

    >> http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Hopper.html
    >> Admiral Grace Hooper
    >>
    >> ... she discovered the first computer "bug." It was a real moth,
    >> which she pasted into the UNIVAC I logbook.

    >I knew that ... <cough> ,, ;)

    Allegedly, it was difficult to tell.

    Me
    why?, Oct 19, 2004
  10. Tr0n1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >|I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    >| 19 Oct 2004 14:13:54 +0100, "Paul - xxx" <>
    >| screamed from behind the mulberry bush:
    >|
    >| >Tr0n1 vaguely muttered something like ...

    >| >Just leave the monitor switched off .. ;)
    >| >
    >| >I'd guess the spiders might find a nice new home on all that lovely
    >| >heat-producing stuff too. That's why software flaws are called
    >| >bugs ... allegedly ... ;)
    >|
    >| How about the mice? They'll find a nice, warm home there, too.
    >| BTW, the family cat has caught a record 5 in my garage this year.
    >| Even offered to "share" one with me.....

    Yeah - I had a mouse pee on the main board in a thermal printer back when
    they cost a mint. Blew hundreds of dollars of circuitry, and took me weeks
    to fix. I hate rodents!

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Oct 20, 2004
  11. Tr0n1

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Tr0n1" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to re-locate my network server, I'm thinking my garage would do
    > perfect for that, average temp during winters, 38 degrees fahrenheit.
    > System is newly build p4 at 3.2ghz, 1gig ram, 4 harddrives, and a dvd

    burner
    > with a lcd monitor.
    > System will run 24/7, and will act as a file server, with wireless access
    > point.
    > Any issues with the monitor with these low temperatures?

    Why do you need a monitor on a file server? If it's in the garage, I'm
    guessing you're not going to be sitting at it working a lot. Just get it set
    up and forget about it.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 20, 2004