    Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?

    If it has tabbed dividers that would be a plus.

    Professor

    The Professor, Jan 19, 2005

  2. The Professor

    Tarkus Guest

    On 1/19/2005 12:25:02 PM, The Professor wrote:

    > I don't use jewel cases but instead paper sleeves bought at computer
    > shows for my dvds.
    >
    > Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?
    >
    > If it has tabbed dividers that would be a plus.

    Have you considered using one of those large wallets instead of paper
    sleeves?
    --
    "Remember what I said about people seein' a bright light before they
    die? It ain't true. I can't see a damn thing."

    Now playing: "Black Sabbath - Hole In The Sky"

    Tarkus, Jan 19, 2005

  3. The Professor

    MauiJNP Guest

    "The Professor" <> wrote in message
    >I don't use jewel cases but instead paper sleeves bought at computer
    > shows for my dvds.
    >
    > Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?
    >
    > If it has tabbed dividers that would be a plus.
    >
    > Professor

    I got a box from Kmart made by Atlantic. It is not exactly what you are
    looking for but you might like it. It is basically plastic sleeves that
    hang in it like Pendaflex folders. It holds 80 cds/dvds. The sleeves come
    with it. Here's a link.

    http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/atl22804110.html

    you might be able to find something else on this web page that you like
    better too. Or do a google search. good luck

    MauiJNP, Jan 19, 2005
  4. The Professor

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    The Professor wrote:
    > I don't use jewel cases but instead paper sleeves bought at computer
    > shows for my dvds.
    >
    > Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?
    >
    > If it has tabbed dividers that would be a plus.
    >
    > Professor

    Well today, at the insistence of my daughter, I tossed about 40 or 50
    5.25 floppy disks. I had kept them in a standard disk holder with
    plastic dividers. I have no idea whether they still make them but you
    might consider trying an office supply catalog.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Jan 20, 2005
  5. The Professor

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Dick Sidbury wrote:
    > The Professor wrote:
    >> I don't use jewel cases but instead paper sleeves bought at computer
    >> shows for my dvds.
    >>
    >> Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?
    >>
    >> If it has tabbed dividers that would be a plus.

    > Well today, at the insistence of my daughter, I tossed about 40 or 50
    > 5.25 floppy disks. I had kept them in a standard disk holder with
    > plastic dividers. I have no idea whether they still make them but you
    > might consider trying an office supply catalog.

    Nobody makes these any more and you won't find them in any mainstream office
    supply catalog, but they aren't that hard to find second-hand. I collect
    classic computers and always have a need for these - I used to have a hard
    time locating any unless I got lucky at a garage sale (which you can't count
    on and is a tedious process if you're just looking for a particular item),
    but then I discovered they pop up frequently at thrift stores such as
    Salvation Army or Value Village. Give those places a try. One note - if
    you go this route and insist on finding matching sets, that might be
    extremely difficult.

    I haven't ever used them to hold DVDs, but now that I think about it, that
    would probaby be a perfect use for them.

    Mike Kohary, Jan 20, 2005
  6. The Professor

    Al Guest

    > Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?

    A shoebox perhaps? ;-)

    How about one of the old flip-top 5.25 diskette storage boxes that take 40
    or 80 disks?

    Al.

    Al, Jan 20, 2005
  7. The Professor

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:25:02 -0500, The Professor <>
    wrote:

    >I don't use jewel cases but instead paper sleeves bought at computer
    >shows for my dvds.
    >
    >Has anyone found a good shoebox type solution for storing them?
    >
    >If it has tabbed dividers that would be a plus.

    Several years ago I bought a 3 drawer cabinet by Case Logic. It holds
    about 300 CDs in the plastic sleeves. It protects them from dust/dirt
    too. Not sure if they still make them, but I know Target.com has a
    good selection of CD storage holders.

    For DVDs I use the slim-jewel cases, which are about half the
    thickness of a regular jewel case. They are easier to store, protect
    the DVDs better than sleeves and still don't take up much space. About
    5 of them fit in the space taken by one video tape, so a shelf that
    holds 20 videos can hold 100 DVDs.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Jan 21, 2005