    Ideas??

    I appreciate your help,

    Shawn

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24=?=, Nov 16, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24=?=

    David Guest

    Could it be something to do with System restore possibly?

    MCP...

    >I have a PC with several HDD installed - both running

    NTFS.

    >My 80GB hard drive has 14 GB of information loaded,

    however, the properties
    >of the drive show 28 GB used. --- I have exhausted the

    tools in the Microsoft
    >Management Console and have tried several utilities to

    analyse the file
    >system. None show more then 14 GB with no other

    partitions present.

    >I have double checked the jumper settings. I have not

    installed any backup
    >software.
    >
    >I am running a Samsung SP0802N HDD showing 38,325

    cylinders, 16 heads, and
    >255 sectors in the CMOS. I am unable to locate the

    information to confirm
    >this configuration (Auto Config enabled) - could this be

    the problem?? Any

    David, Nov 16, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2hhd24=?=

    SomeGuy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hmmm... I hope one of you engineer types can help a lowly MCP...
    >
    > I have a PC with several HDD installed - both running NTFS.
    >
    > My 80GB hard drive has 14 GB of information loaded, however, the properties
    > of the drive show 28 GB used. --- I have exhausted the tools in the Microsoft
    > Management Console and have tried several utilities to analyse the file
    > system. None show more then 14 GB with no other partitions present.
    >
    > I have double checked the jumper settings. I have not installed any backup
    > software.
    >
    > I am running a Samsung SP0802N HDD showing 38,325 cylinders, 16 heads, and
    > 255 sectors in the CMOS. I am unable to locate the information to confirm
    > this configuration (Auto Config enabled) - could this be the problem?? Any
    > Ideas??
    >
    > I appreciate your help,
    >
    > Shawn

    Is compression being used on the drive?