    Your comments would be appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Aug 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Aug 22, 2005

  3. true, good point. nevertheless, my question remains, i need to set quotas on
    disk space on my server, how can i do it...?

    Cheers,

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Aug 22, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=" <>
    say in news::

    > true, good point. nevertheless, my question remains, i need to set
    > quotas on disk space on my server, how can i do it...?

    right click the disk in explorer, click properties, click the quota tab and
    follow the instructions

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous.

    Neil, Aug 22, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=" <>
    say in news::

    > true, good point. nevertheless, my question remains, i need to set
    > quotas on disk space on my server, how can i do it...?

    note also that these are per volume quotas not per share/ per server quotas

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - "Our marriage must be dissolved," she said acidly.

    Neil, Aug 22, 2005
  6. fantastic, thankyou...

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Aug 22, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > fantastic, thankyou...
    >

    > > right click the disk in explorer, click properties, click the quota tab and
    > > follow the instructions

    You may also have to fiddle with the ownership bit on each file as well.
    Quotas are tracked by the file owner, which depending on how your share
    is setup, may very well all be owned by Administrators. You can use
    Subinacl.exe from the Resource Kit or in WS03 manually through the GUI.

    Ben Smith, Aug 22, 2005
  8. ok, i'm now coming up against a problem, native quota management doesn't
    allow me to do what i'm trying to. what i need to do is set a standard share
    which can be accessed by anyone to ensure that it has sufficient space, i.e.
    it needs a guarenteed 80GB so even if it is currently using only 50GB i need
    to be abel to block that additional space so that no one else fills it
    elsewhere on the disk.

    Any ideas?

    cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Aug 23, 2005