    Windows computer? ie a drive in My Computer? Or only accessible via a
    UNC path?

    Thanks
    JamesSpelt, Aug 13, 2007

  2. JamesSpelt

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:57:38 -0700, JamesSpelt wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >Can anyone tell me how a storage area network would appear on a
    >Windows computer? ie a drive in My Computer? Or only accessible via a
    >UNC path?

    Have you lost a SAN somewhere?

    Depends, ours has a DFS pointing at it so one can map a drive letter or
    browse the DFS root or via UNC.

    Not that it makes a difference users always claim to have lost paths
    they have used for years.

    >Thanks

    Me
    why?, Aug 13, 2007

  3. JamesSpelt

    JamesSpelt Guest

    On Aug 13, 11:06 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:57:38 -0700, JamesSpelt wrote:
    > >Hello

    > >Can anyone tell me how a storage area network would appear on a
    > >Windows computer? ie a drive in My Computer? Or only accessible via a
    > >UNC path?

    > Have you lost a SAN somewhere?
    >
    > Depends, ours has a DFS pointing at it so one can map a drive letter or
    > browse the DFS root or via UNC.
    >
    > Not that it makes a difference users always claim to have lost paths
    > they have used for years.
    >
    > >Thanks

    > Me

    Nope, haven't lost one, just looking to buy one.

    Thanks for your answer.

    James
    JamesSpelt, Aug 23, 2007