    is to first stop the spooler service, then delete the print job, and then
    restart the spooler service. I didn't test this, but I've always thought
    that spooled jobs are deleted when the spooler service gets restarted.
    JohnB, May 16, 2008

  2. "JohnB" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Aren't spooled print jobs deleted when you stop the spooler service?
    >
    > I'm taking a practice "Self Test Software" exam.... and it's saying for a
    > print job that is hung up (spooling for 3 hours), that the correct solution
    > is to first stop the spooler service, then delete the print job, and then
    > restart the spooler service. I didn't test this, but I've always thought
    > that spooled jobs are deleted when the spooler service gets restarted.

    No. It has been my experience that you restart the spooler service, then
    delete the print jobs. I do not believe the print queue is accessible
    with the print spooler stopped. So again, restart the spooler and then
    delete the jobs.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], May 16, 2008

  3. JohnB

    PAJ Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 15:50:42 -0400, "JohnB" <> wrote:

    >Aren't spooled print jobs deleted when you stop the spooler service?
    >
    >I'm taking a practice "Self Test Software" exam.... and it's saying for a
    >print job that is hung up (spooling for 3 hours), that the correct solution
    >is to first stop the spooler service, then delete the print job, and then
    >restart the spooler service. I didn't test this, but I've always thought
    >that spooled jobs are deleted when the spooler service gets restarted.

    You should get yourself some different "Self Test Software".
    PAJ, May 16, 2008
  4. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    I meant the spool job "file".
    I believe they're in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    JohnB, May 17, 2008
  5. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Thanks, but that answer was of no help.

    Self Test Software is the name of the company, they recently bought
    Transcender.

    JohnB, May 17, 2008
  6. JohnB

    PAJ Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 21:45:06 -0400, "JohnB" <> wrote:

    >Thanks, but that answer was of no help.

    Thanks but it was the best possible answer with the shite information
    provided.
    PAJ, May 17, 2008