Stopping Quick Scans After Definitions Update on SAV10.0.2

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Mike Azzopardi, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Hi

    I hope someone can help me with the following problem.

    Windows 2003 SP1
    Symantec Antivirus 10.0.2

    Everytime there is a definitions update, the quick scan runs and it
    takes about 5 minutes to login. This is worse if a computer has been
    off for a few days, as is seems to do a scan after each definitions
    update when its comes back online.

    I applied the regkeys as per
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...ew=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=

    but they haven't made a difference.