    Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jul 16, 2011

  2. Geopelia

    Richard Guest

    On 7/17/2011 12:37 AM, Geopelia wrote:
    > How should one stop one's full email address showing in one's posts?
    > Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    Edit in the account information to something else.

    Always has come up for you with the @xtra one
    Richard, Jul 16, 2011

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > On 7/17/2011 12:37 AM, Geopelia wrote:
    >> How should one stop one's full email address showing in one's posts?
    >> Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia
    >>

    > Edit in the account information to something else.
    >
    > Always has come up for you with the @xtra one

    I've looked right through the help index and can't find how to do that, and
    I've clicked everything in edit, tools etc.
    Where do I find out how to do that please?

    Outlook Express, windows XP.
    Geopelia, Jul 16, 2011
  4. Geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:07:34 +1200, Crash McBash
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:37:07 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>How should one stop one's full email address showing in one's posts?
    >>Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?

    >I don't think the sender of a Usenet post can control whether or not
    >readers see the sender's email address.

    As you can see, I've just sent a Usenet post wthout a valid email
    address.

    Then I'm using a Usenet news client and the OP is using MS Outlook
    Express. But isn't it possible to create another profile with a bogus
    email address in MS Outlook Express?
    Donchano, Jul 17, 2011
  5. Geopelia

    PeeCee Guest

    On 17/07/2011 12:37 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
    > How should one stop one's full email address showing in one's posts?
    > Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    Geopelia

    Open Outlook Express

    Tools.
    Accounts.
    News Tab.
    Click on your news account.
    Click "Properties" button right side.
    Properties should open on the 'General' Tab.
    Edit/change the "E-mail address:" field to whatever you want.
    (eg d)
    Click Apply, then OK.
    Close the "Internet Accounts windows"

    If you are subscribed to more than one news server you will have to do
    this for every one in turn.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Jul 17, 2011
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    > On 17/07/2011 12:37 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
    >> How should one stop one's full email address showing in one's posts?
    >> Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia
    >>

    > Geopelia
    >
    > Open Outlook Express
    >
    > Tools.
    > Accounts.
    > News Tab.
    > Click on your news account.
    > Click "Properties" button right side.
    > Properties should open on the 'General' Tab.
    > Edit/change the "E-mail address:" field to whatever you want.
    > (eg d)
    > Click Apply, then OK.
    > Close the "Internet Accounts windows"
    >
    > If you are subscribed to more than one news server you will have to do
    > this for every one in turn.
    >
    > Paul.

    I did that and kept getting a message that the address was not in internet
    syntax.
    So I changed back to my old address and now still get the message.
    What do I do now please?
    Geopelia, Jul 17, 2011
  7. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "PeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >> On 17/07/2011 12:37 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
    >>> How should one stop one's full email address showing in one's posts?
    >>> Why would it suddenly happen, anyway?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you
    >>> Geopelia
    >>>

    >> Geopelia
    >>
    >> Open Outlook Express
    >>
    >> Tools.
    >> Accounts.
    >> News Tab.
    >> Click on your news account.
    >> Click "Properties" button right side.
    >> Properties should open on the 'General' Tab.
    >> Edit/change the "E-mail address:" field to whatever you want.
    >> (eg d)
    >> Click Apply, then OK.
    >> Close the "Internet Accounts windows"
    >>
    >> If you are subscribed to more than one news server you will have to do
    >> this for every one in turn.
    >>
    >> Paul.

    > I did that and kept getting a message that the address was not in internet
    > syntax.
    > So I changed back to my old address and now still get the message.
    > What do I do now please?

    This message above has just got through. So it looks as if my old address is
    recognised.

    I'll try again with another silly address later.
    Geopelia, Jul 17, 2011
  8. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "PeeCee" <> wrote in message

    >>> Geopelia
    >>>
    >>> Open Outlook Express
    >>>
    >>> Tools.
    >>> Accounts.
    >>> News Tab.
    >>> Click on your news account.
    >>> Click "Properties" button right side.
    >>> Properties should open on the 'General' Tab.
    >>> Edit/change the "E-mail address:" field to whatever you want.
    >>> (eg d)
    >>> Click Apply, then OK.
    >>> Close the "Internet Accounts windows"
    >>>
    >>> If you are subscribed to more than one news server you will have to do
    >>> this for every one in turn.
    >>>
    >>> Paul.

    >> I did that and kept getting a message that the address was not in
    >> internet syntax.
    >> So I changed back to my old address and now still get the message.
    >> What do I do now please?

    > This message above has just got through. So it looks as if my old address
    > is recognised.
    >
    > I'll try again with another silly address later.

    I've just tried posting to nz.general now my address has been changed back,
    and still get the same error message. Perhaps they need time for it to work,
    in the newsgroup. I'll try later.
    Geopelia, Jul 17, 2011
  9. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >> I've just tried posting to nz.general now my address has been changed
    >> back, and still get the same error message. Perhaps they need time
    >> for it to work, in the newsgroup. I'll try later.

    > It must be valid syntax - try
    >
    > geoff

    Thank you. I've gone back to my original address for now.
    It has finally posted my messages.

    Let the computer settle down and think about it, then I might try the one
    you suggest tomorrow.

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jul 17, 2011
  10. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <ivui39$6pu$>, , Geopelia
    says...

    > "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > > Geopelia wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I've just tried posting to nz.general now my address has been changed
    > >> back, and still get the same error message. Perhaps they need time
    > >> for it to work, in the newsgroup. I'll try later.

    > > It must be valid syntax - try
    > >
    > > geoff
    > >

    > Thank you. I've gone back to my original address for now.
    > It has finally posted my messages.
    >
    > Let the computer settle down and think about it, then I might try the one
    > you suggest tomorrow.

    The computer doesn't care or settle :) Just make sure you use a valid
    format as already said. ie something@something (ensure there's an "@"
    in there).

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jul 18, 2011
  11. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    , Dave Doe says...

    > In article <ivui39$6pu$>, , Geopelia
    > says...
    > >
    > > "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > > > It must be valid syntax - try
    > > >
    > > > geoff
    > > >

    > > Thank you. I've gone back to my original address for now.
    > > It has finally posted my messages.
    > >
    > > Let the computer settle down and think about it, then I might try the one
    > > you suggest tomorrow.

    > The computer doesn't care or settle :) Just make sure you use a valid
    > format as already said. ie something@something (ensure there's an "@"
    > in there).

    For example, both e-mail adddys were accepted by Outlook Express in the
    following screen shots...

    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard12.jpg

    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard11.jpg

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jul 18, 2011
  12. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <-september.org>,
    > , Dave Doe says...
    >>
    >> In article <ivui39$6pu$>, , Geopelia
    >> says...
    >> >
    >> > "geoff" <> wrote in message

    >> > Thank you. I've gone back to my original address for now.
    >> > It has finally posted my messages.
    >> >
    >> > Let the computer settle down and think about it, then I might try the
    >> > one
    >> > you suggest tomorrow.

    >> The computer doesn't care or settle :) Just make sure you use a valid
    >> format as already said. ie something@something (ensure there's an "@"
    >> in there).

    > For example, both e-mail adddys were accepted by Outlook Express in the
    > following screen shots...
    >
    > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard12.jpg
    >
    > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard11.jpg

    I'm trying another address, let's see what happens.
    Geopelia, Jul 18, 2011
  13. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <-september.org>,
    >> , Dave Doe says...
    >>>
    >>> In article <ivui39$6pu$>, , Geopelia
    >>> says...

    >>> The computer doesn't care or settle :) Just make sure you use a valid
    >>> format as already said. ie something@something (ensure there's an "@"
    >>> in there).

    >> For example, both e-mail adddys were accepted by Outlook Express in the
    >> following screen shots...
    >>
    >> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard12.jpg
    >>
    >> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/duncanm4/Clipboard11.jpg
    >>

    > I'm trying another address, let's see what happens.

    It worked this time.

    Thanks to all
    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jul 18, 2011