Stop Wacom "TabletService" without getting "bad driver" messages?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by -Lost, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods of
    time I shut off the service instead of letting it run constantly.

    This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    resulting in a message:

    [titlebar]
    "Tablet Driver"
    [message]
    "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."

    The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService" in
    the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way around
    this.

    Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was not
    even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it, it took
    him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to locate the
    services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote me the steps on
    reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it would be functional.

    So, any ideas?

    Thanks!

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

    -Lost, Sep 21, 2007

  2. -Lost

    Gazwad Guest

    -Lost <>, the deranged-cadger and bizarre
    sherlock wet-crack who likes wretched ferret fiddling with wolves, and
    whose partner is a fast-girl with a naked oval office, wrote in
    <Xns99B29D0E7FCF2lostthreads@216.196.97.136>:
    > The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    > Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods of
    > time I shut off the service instead of letting it run constantly.
    >
    > This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    > resulting in a message:
    >
    > [titlebar]
    > "Tablet Driver"
    > [message]
    > "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    > system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."
    >
    > The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService" in
    > the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way around
    > this.
    >
    > Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was not
    > even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it, it took
    > him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to locate the
    > services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote me the steps on
    > reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it would be functional.
    >
    > So, any ideas?

    Unplug the fucking thing.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Sep 21, 2007

  3. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Response from "Gazwad" <>:

    > -Lost <>, the deranged-cadger and
    > bizarre sherlock wet-crack who likes wretched ferret fiddling with
    > wolves, and whose partner is a fast-girl with a naked oval office,
    > wrote in <Xns99B29D0E7FCF2lostthreads@216.196.97.136>:
    >> The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    >> Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods
    >> of time I shut off the service instead of letting it run
    >> constantly.
    >>
    >> This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    >> resulting in a message:
    >>
    >> [titlebar]
    >> "Tablet Driver"
    >> [message]
    >> "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    >> system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."
    >>
    >> The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService"
    >> in the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way
    >> around this.
    >>
    >> Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was
    >> not even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it,
    >> it took him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to
    >> locate the services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote
    >> me the steps on reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it
    >> would be functional.
    >>
    >> So, any ideas?

    > Unplug the fucking thing.

    Thanks you incompetent jackass, but it is not plugged in and the
    message still appears.

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

    -Lost, Sep 22, 2007
  4. -Lost

    Gazwad Guest

    -Lost <>, the graceless-skid-row-bum and
    tearful effie who likes crazed carnal pleasures with caterpillars, and
    whose partner is a hay bag with a dowdy foufoune, wrote in
    <Xns99B2C7F91FEA4lostthreads@216.196.97.136>:

    >>> So, any ideas?

    >> Unplug the fucking thing.

    > Thanks you incompetent jackass, but it is not plugged in and the
    > message still appears.

    You're the only **** who can't control his tablet, deal with it.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Sep 22, 2007
  5. -Lost

    chuckcar Guest

    "-Lost" <> wrote in

    > The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    > Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods of
    > time I shut off the service instead of letting it run constantly.
    >
    > This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    > resulting in a message:
    >
    > [titlebar]
    > "Tablet Driver"
    > [message]
    > "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    > system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."
    >
    > The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService" in
    > the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way around
    > this.
    >
    > Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was not
    > even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it, it took
    > him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to locate the
    > services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote me the steps on
    > reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it would be functional.
    >
    > So, any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Have you tried uninstalling the software, rebooting, reinstalling the
    software and rebooting again? it might just be the software got
    corrupted, Something not unknown in the windows world.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 22, 2007
  6. -Lost

    Guest

    "-Lost" <> wrote:

    >The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    >Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods of
    >time I shut off the service instead of letting it run constantly.
    >
    >This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    >resulting in a message:
    >
    >[titlebar]
    >"Tablet Driver"
    >[message]
    >"There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    >system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."
    >
    >The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService" in
    >the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way around
    >this.
    >
    >Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was not
    >even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it, it took
    >him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to locate the
    >services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote me the steps on
    >reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it would be functional.
    >
    >So, any ideas?

    Google: AUTORUNS

    Run it and see if you can use this to disable the tablet (like stop

    You need to keep autoruns in a directory of it's own as it creates a
    data file.
    --

    Just a matter of time.
    http://www.pizdaus.com/pics/bP28aFudAJ37.jpg

    , Sep 22, 2007
  7. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Response from :

    > "-Lost" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    >>Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods
    >>of time I shut off the service instead of letting it run
    >>constantly.
    >>
    >>This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    >>resulting in a message:
    >>
    >>[titlebar]
    >>"Tablet Driver"
    >>[message]
    >>"There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    >>system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."
    >>
    >>The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService"
    >>in the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way
    >>around this.
    >>
    >>Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was
    >>not even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it,
    >>it took him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to
    >>locate the services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote
    >>me the steps on reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it
    >>would be functional.
    >>
    >>So, any ideas?

    > Google: AUTORUNS
    >
    > Run it and see if you can use this to disable the tablet (like
    > stop loading the Wacom DLL for other applications)
    >
    > You need to keep autoruns in a directory of it's own as it creates
    > a data file.

    Thanks, Pennywise. The only relevant files I could find were
    "wacomvhid" and "wacommousefilter," both of which I disabled and
    rebooted. No go, the message still pops up.

    I even tried loading the relevant EXEs via Dependency Walker and
    checked the service dependencies. Aside from being told there were
    several "delay-load module dependencies" and several that could not
    be found due to "missing export functions," I could not find anything
    to solve the problem.

    There is also a "wacompen" driver, but it does not appear to be
    service pack?

    I guess I am stuck...

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

    -Lost, Sep 22, 2007
  8. -Lost

    -Lost Guest

    Response from chuckcar <>:

    > "-Lost" <> wrote in
    >
    >> The Wacom Tablet I have has software that installs itself as a
    >> Windows service, well, when not using my tablet for long periods
    >> of time I shut off the service instead of letting it run
    >> constantly.
    >>
    >> This results in EVERY application that can utilize a tablet,
    >> resulting in a message:
    >>
    >> [titlebar]
    >> "Tablet Driver"
    >> [message]
    >> "There is a problem with your tablet driver. Please reboot your
    >> system. If the problem persists reinstall or update the driver."
    >>
    >> The immediate solution is obviously just restart "TabletService"
    >> in the services dialog, but I would love it if anyone knew a way
    >> around this.
    >>
    >> Oh, and I talked to a technical support guy at Wacom and he was
    >> not even aware of what I was talking about. After explaining it,
    >> it took him and his "help desk" software at least a minute to
    >> locate the services-related entry and he then proceeded to quote
    >> me the steps on reinstalling the Tablet service again so that it
    >> would be functional.
    >>
    >> So, any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > Have you tried uninstalling the software, rebooting, reinstalling
    > the software and rebooting again? it might just be the software
    > got corrupted, Something not unknown in the windows world.

    No Chuck, I had not. Granted, I do not know everything, hell, I
    barely know something...

    It seems to me though that it is not necessarily a malfunctioning
    software issue. Every time a graphics application that can utilize a
    tablet opens, it queries that device. Based on what exactly... I am
    not sure. Maybe it recognizes the service and upon receiving an
    error response or maybe no response, it simply defaults to a "there
    must be a problem" message.

    I have come to this conclusion based on the fact that the message
    only appears when the "TabletService" service is not started, and of
    course does not appear when it is. There is no malfunction
    otherwise. If the service is not started everything still works
    fine, I just imagine the tablet would not work. And vice-versa.

    Ah hell, I may do it anyway just to see... but I doubt it will help.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.