Stop Spammers by Hitting Their Servers - Not Their Email.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Magic347, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Magic347

    Magic347 Guest

    Play by their Rules.
    1. You can send your junk that is worthless to them
    2. You can send it as many times as you like
    3. You can pass their URL to others so they can send them their junk

    Don't waste time going after the Spammer's email. They can sign up gain
    faster than you can trace the server being used.

    Don't waste time with pettiness. Focus on the prolific Spammers.

    Go to their website. Click until you find out how they collect their
    money. Then continue to call up their URL, putting a load on their
    server and where they collect their money. An easy trick for those with
    little knowledge is to rename a .jpg to .txt file. Then open the .txt
    file and cut and paste it after the Spammers URL. Their server will see
    this as a bad parameter and send back a message instead of the web page.
    If you use Netscape, you can place a little weight on the Return key and
    it will continue to send the crap info to the Spammers server.

    Use a little command file to ping their server. Call it "Pingit.bat"
    and double click on it a dozen or so times. Each time will open a dos
    command window and start pinging the spammers web site. You can close
    them all at once by clicking on the icon called "Show desktop" in the
    Quick Launch part of the task bar. When you want to stop them, use
    Ctrl/Alt/Del to get the task manager and highlight them all at once and
    right click & select "End Process"

    echo
    :pingit
    ping <Spammers business URL goes here>
    goto pingit

    For those with a little knowledge, edit the web page that signs up the
    credit card to skip the checks. File the fields with junk like
    ****No Spamming Please ****** and send it over and over. At the least,
    it will cause them to use their server to make the checks,
    instead of using the client computer.

    Then use tools like SamSpade (SamSpade.org) to find out something about
    the site. For example, using tracert can give you an idea of
    who their ISP is. You can send an email to the postmaster, abuse,
    security, host and maybe even webmaster to request they Stop Spamming
    & to be thrown off the server. The problem here is the most prolific
    spammers like those supported by telesp.net.br usually do not have a
    monitored email.

    I have forced the big dick spammer off of three sites before they went
    to telesp.net.br and also blocked my DSL and do not send me their web
    page anymore. They still send Spam though.. :eek:) You need to start all
    over with each new spam, as they change sites and web pages and
    collecting agencies.

    Do not do this as a request from someone else, unless you can verify
    they are really spammers. For example this thread means well, but I
    would recommend ignoring all the request to spam different emails. You
    do not need to, as their is plenty of spam in your own email to choose
    from. Only do this in response to Spam that you persoannally received
    or can verify. This will prevent some idiot from using you to get
    revenge on someone that may not deserve it. It will also prevent you
    from spamming a server who has already removed the spammer. It will
    also prevent a spammer from posting here and using you to spam a
    legitimate website or someone who has got them thrown off a site. You
    do not need to gang up on a site to make a difference. You just need to
    get others to take a few minutes and fight back on their own. The more
    spam a spammer sends out, the more people they will get harassing their
    website.

    Think about it this way. What would happen if every time a spammer sent
    out 50,000 spams, the few idiots who actually buy this stuff could not
    get to the site because 10,000 people who received the spam went to the
    site and started to send junk to them? It would raise the cost of
    spamming, thereby reducing it according to the rules of simple
    economics.

    Sending to an email is a waste of time at best and causes problems for
    someone who does not deserve it at worst. Remember, the purpose of Spam
    is to get some buttholes money.
    GO TO THE SOURCE OF THAT MONEY!!!!

    Good Luck.. Go get the bast*rds... :eek:) Magic347
    Magic347, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:01:04 -0300, Magic347 wrote:

    >Play by their Rules.

    And become a spammer yourself, and lose your account.

    http://tinyurl.com/fpsb (among others - this has been discussed among Admins
    many times)

    "Well, there goes _your_ credibility."

    --
    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000
    Mara, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:42:27 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:01:04 -0300, Magic347 wrote:
    >> Play by their Rules.

    >Not.

    Thank you. :)

    Mara, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Magic347

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:23:11 -0500, Mara wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:42:27 -0000, Jimchip wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:01:04 -0300, Magic347 wrote:
    >>> Play by their Rules.

    >>Not.

    > Thank you. :)

    [snip]

    YW. I think the 'get back at the spammers' crowd just use spam as the excuse
    for *their* desire to play harassment games. They never heard little nuggets
    of wisdom like "two wrongs don't make a right".

    --
    "Of course, they never heard about reading either.
    But they sure can download those mp3's".
    Jimchip, Jul 1, 2003
  5. Magic347

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Jimchip deftly scribbled:

    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:23:11 -0500, Mara wrote:

    >>> Not.

    >> Thank you. :)

    > [snip]
    >
    > YW. I think the 'get back at the spammers' crowd just use spam as the
    > excuse for *their* desire to play harassment games. They never heard
    > little nuggets of wisdom like "two wrongs don't make a right".

    And if they did and choose to ignore them, they're just as bad ..

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx
    Paul - xxx, Jul 1, 2003
  6. Magic347

    Magic347 Guest

    Wow!! Did you miss the point... ;o)

    In article <>,
    says...

    Magic347, Jul 1, 2003
  7. Magic347

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:41:36 -0300, Magic347 wrote:
    > Wow!! Did you miss the point... ;o)

    Not.

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:01:04 -0300, Magic347 wrote:
    >>
    >> >Play by their Rules.

    >> And become a spammer yourself, and lose your account.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/fpsb (among others - this has been discussed among Admins
    >> many times)
    >>
    >> "Well, there goes _your_ credibility."

    --
    "Moving quickly into the 'Enron credibility rating' category"
    Jimchip, Jul 1, 2003
  8. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:41:36 -0300, Magic347 wrote:

    >Wow!! Did you miss the point... ;o)

    No, I didn't.

    "But you did."

    Mara, Jul 1, 2003
  9. Magic347

    sullivans Guest

    apologies in advance as I only bottom post - don't like to offend as 1st
    time posting here?
    was going to send my post on this subject but your solution looks good to me
    if I can sus out all the lingo?

    just a few questions on SPAM how do they get the addy's to start with as
    most of the spam I get looks like they've been
    given NTL's address book which p****s me off with some of the content as
    can't let kids check the e-mails
    now going on broadband and get new e-mail for family so the trash comes to
    me to delete
    but been warned to get firewallls and netnanny that NTL don't do! probably
    cause then I think they won't get money for letting spammers use their
    database
    another way to get own back on NTL if thats what they do with their database
    is to take up the many offers of getting free cable t.v.????

    hey but an atom bomb sounds good but where to drop it?
    ric or

    sullivans, Jul 1, 2003
  10. Magic347

    Me Guest

    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:23:11 -0500, Mara wrote:

    > >>Not.

    > > Thank you. :)

    > [snip]
    >
    > YW. I think the 'get back at the spammers' crowd just use spam as the

    excuse
    > for *their* desire to play harassment games. They never heard little

    nuggets
    > of wisdom like "two wrongs don't make a right".

    Spoken like a true spammer.
    Me, Jul 1, 2003
  11. Magic347

    Me Guest

    "sleeper" <> wrote in message
    > "Me" <> waxed rhapsodic in
    >
    > > Spoken like a true spammer.

    > never fight abuse with abuse. unless you see a spammer in a dark alley

    and
    > have a pipe wrench handy.

    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Me, Jul 1, 2003
  12. Mara wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:42:27 -0000, Jimchip wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:01:04 -0300, Magic347 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Play by their Rules.

    >>Not.

    > Thank you. :)

    Make that a Double Thank you....

    What about a simple reporting account at www.spamcop.net?

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jul 1, 2003
  13. Magic347

    Jack Guest

    "BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ" <> wrote in message
    > Mara wrote:

    > >>Not.

    > > Thank you. :)

    > Make that a Double Thank you....
    >
    > What about a simple reporting account at www.spamcop.net?

    Not good enough. Dosen't hurt them enough.
    Jack, Jul 1, 2003
  14. Magic347

    Me Guest

    "sleeper" <> wrote in message

    > --
    > http://www.kexp.org
    >
    > listener-powered and commercial-free.

    bye bye
    Me, Jul 1, 2003
  15. Magic347

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:10:20 -0600, Jack wrote:

    > Not good enough. Dosen't hurt them enough.

    Another morph... idiot.

    --
    My 'K' is faster than your identity changes.
    Jimchip, Jul 1, 2003
  16. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:34:59 -0600, Me wrote:

    >"Jimchip" <> wrote in message

    >> > Thank you. :)

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> YW. I think the 'get back at the spammers' crowd just use spam as the

    >excuse
    >> for *their* desire to play harassment games. They never heard little

    >nuggets
    >> of wisdom like "two wrongs don't make a right".
    >>

    >Spoken like a true spammer.

    Are you an idiot, or do you just play one on usenet? Jimchip isn't a spammer,
    and fighting abuse with abuse makes abusers out of both.

    Or are YOU a whacked spammer?

    "Searched Groups for qwest.net group:news.admin.net-abuse*. Results 1 - 100
    of about 29,500. Search took 5.92 seconds."

    There's a free clue. I suggest you hold onto it for dear life.

    "Because you certainly seem to need it."

    Mara, Jul 1, 2003
  17. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:03:40 -0400, BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    >>>Not.

    >> Thank you. :)

    >Make that a Double Thank you....
    >
    >What about a simple reporting account at www.spamcop.net?

    Much better than abusing in return and possibly losing your account. Myself, I
    do it all manually, and when I see a spam, I lart it all - the originating IP,
    the return address and/or drop boxes, and any spamvertised links.

    "Because it's the _right_ thing to do, for myself, and for the online community
    as a whole. Frothing vigilantes who abuse spammers do nothing to help the
    anti-spam cause, and much to hurt it."

    Mara, Jul 1, 2003
  18. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:30:58 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    <snip>
    >Spoken like a true morphing troll:
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=JGxP9.272$
    >
    >Back in the bin..."buh bye".

    _That_ asshole? Well, it figures that he'd make a post that's that stupid, then.
    I still figure he was a whacked qwest spammer, in the beginning. Qwest is
    loaded.

    "Spammer. Troll. Not a lot of difference, and they all go to the same place. :)"

    Mara, Jul 1, 2003
  19. Magic347

    Josef Knecht Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote:

    >"BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Mara wrote:

    >> > Thank you. :)

    >> Make that a Double Thank you....
    >>
    >> What about a simple reporting account at www.spamcop.net?
    >>

    >Not good enough. Dosen't hurt them enough.

    It wouldn't do to discount Spamcop's usefulness. Instead, consider it
    one of the many available weapons in one's anti-spam arsenal.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Josef Knecht, Jul 2, 2003
  20. Magic347

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:08:47 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:54:40 -0500, Mara wrote:
    >> On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:30:58 -0000, Jimchip wrote:
    >>
    >><snip>
    >>>Spoken like a true morphing troll:
    >>>http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=JGxP9.272$
    >>>
    >>>Back in the bin..."buh bye".

    >> _That_ asshole? Well, it figures that he'd make a post that's that stupid, then.
    >> I still figure he was a whacked qwest spammer, in the beginning. Qwest is
    >> loaded.

    >I admit to being amused by the 'hard line' since it was coming from a Qwest
    >server. PKB and all...

    Rule 3. :)

    >> "Spammer. Troll. Not a lot of difference, and they all go to the same place. :)"

    >They look alike:
    >http://www.poddys.com/jokes/cart_409.htm

    I thought they looked and acted more like this:

    http://www.gibbleguts.com/sendtoafriend/hamstersamp.shtml

    But, more likely, this:

    http://www.geetrish.com/pictures4/041803.shtml

    Heh. ;)