    always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.

    There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is no
    sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing this?
    Sentinel, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Sentinel

    Ingeborg Guest

    "Sentinel" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer
    > software always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.
    >
    > There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is
    > no sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing
    > this?

    Use MsConfig->Startup (Start->Run->MsConfig)
    Ingeborg, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Sentinel

    Bill P Guest

    "Sentinel" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer

    software
    > always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.
    >
    > There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is

    no
    > sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing

    this?

    Get Startman to control program start-ups

    http://www.pt.lu/comnet/desc/startman.html

    Regards
    Bill
    Bill P, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Sentinel wrote:

    > I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer software
    > always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.

    > There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is no
    > sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing this?

    Here's a nice little Control Panel applet (also available as an exe --
    your choice) for controlling startups:

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Response To Extended Endless September:
    Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2005