    import approximately one frame per second continuously. (for several hours)
    What digital camera would you recommend for this application?

    Thanks, Don and Liz

    LOP, May 16, 2005

  2. LOP

    Russell Guest

    I would say no to Premiere, although technically Adobe could make this
    possible if they wanted to.

    You are looking at time lapse photography. Canon do a timer remote
    controller for their DSLR's, which allows you to take a photo every 'X'
    amount of seconds. If you want to take one frame a second for several
    hours, you will be looking at 10,800 images! You could do this, but you
    will have problems with file sizes depending on the resolution/file format
    used and the memory card size, which is probably why you are asking if you
    can use Premiere to capture the images.

    I am not sure what software was used, but I have seen high-end studios with
    the camera connected to a PC with hard wiring, whereby the photographer took
    the shots, and they were transferred straight onto the PC for analysis by
    the guy on the PC.

    Canon also do a wireless LAN transmitter (WFT-E2), but this will only send
    1MB per a second, which is no use for your needs if it is high res.

    Of course, you have got to ask the question to yourself, would a video
    camera that can capture 30 frames a second be adequate for what you want?
    This could be captured to Premiere if required, via Firewire. Or maybe you
    need high res pics?

    I would be interested to hear if anyone knows of a way to capture high res
    photos from a DSLR to PC in real time at this rate.

    "LOP" <> wrote in message
    > Can Premier Pro import single digital camera frames in real time? I need

    > import approximately one frame per second continuously. (for several

    hours)
    > What digital camera would you recommend for this application?
    >
    > Thanks, Don and Liz

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----

    Russell, May 17, 2005

  3. LOP

    Ian Guest

    Didn't you enquire about this before?
    Some Canon cameras will allow you to capture shots directly to the PC at
    regular intervals via USB
    Software is provided with the camera.
    What resolution would you be shooting at?

    Ian

    Ian, May 17, 2005
  4. LOP

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 19:16:56 -0700, LOP wrote:

    > Can Premier Pro import single digital camera frames in real time? I need to
    > import approximately one frame per second continuously. (for several hours)
    > What digital camera would you recommend for this application?

    Michael Freeman's "Pro Digital Photographer's Handbook" doesn't
    address the sequential capturing of images. It does note that a
    number of manufacturers offer WiFi solutions for transmitting images
    using protocols such as TCP/IP and FTP. It provides one example,
    Nikon's WT-1 transmitter connected to a D2H camera. One frame per
    second will probably be too fast for WiFi if the images are large.

    Firewire or USB 2.0 hi-speed can be used to bypass the flash
    cards, sending the images directly to a computer. Another section
    of the book shows several screen shots of Nikon Capture 3.5, which
    can be send the pictures directly to a computer, but none of the
    screens show any options for taking multiple pictures sequentially.
    It may be in there, just as it may be in either a newer version of
    the program, or in third-party software. If the camera's own menu
    allows the kind of sequential picture taking you want to do, it may
    not be necessary for computer app's. such as Nikon Capture to
    duplicate those sequential options, as long as they are able to
    redirect the saving of images from flash cards to computer hard
    disks.

    ASAAR, May 17, 2005
  5. LOP

    "LOP" <> wrote in message
    > Can Premier Pro import single digital camera frames in real time? I need

    > import approximately one frame per second continuously. (for several

    hours)
    > What digital camera would you recommend for this application?
    >
    > Thanks, Don and Liz

    News==----

    Newsgroups

    =----