    reflex)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (What do you think about this?)

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. writes:

    > Dear Panasonic,Canon,Sony;olympus,etc,
    > i see the fz7's test.Noise,noise,noise...and the technical
    > specifications of Canon S3 and Sony H2 are the same;ccd=1/2,5 ,6
    > megapixel..............STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
    > We want a new sensor with 4 or 5 megapixel but with "Noise ZERO"(as a
    > reflex)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > (What do you think about this?)

    I think it's not very likely to happen on this planet. P&S cameras
    are targeted at the "consumer" market. Consumers like large numbers,
    and will buy the gadgets with the largest numbers. They don't
    particularly care what these numbers signify, as long as they are not
    the price. Low price is the one thing that can sell a model better
    than large numbers. Two numbers are particularly easy to raise while
    keeping a low price: pixel count and zoom factor (digital zoom is
    really easy). For this reason, we will continue seeing more cheap
    cameras with ever higher pixel counts.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Steve Mackie Guest

    > Dear Panasonic,Canon,Sony;olympus,etc,
    > i see the fz7's test.Noise,noise,noise...and the technical
    > specifications of Canon S3 and Sony H2 are the same;ccd=1/2,5 ,6
    > megapixel..............STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
    > We want a new sensor with 4 or 5 megapixel but with "Noise ZERO"(as a
    > reflex)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > (What do you think about this?)

    Camera companies are like CPU companies. Most consumers purchase their
    products based on one specification, GHz. "The more GHz the better," they
    think.

    Not only that, but it's also cost per GHz or megapixel. They'll pass on the
    $400 Canon 5 megapixel because they can get a BenQ or Centrios 8 megapixel
    for $200. With processors, they'll go for the cheaper Celeron @ 3GHz and an
    ECS SiS chipset motherboard and no-name RAM even though a P4 @ 2GHz on a
    Tyan Intel chipset motherboard with branded memory will almost double the
    performance.

    Remember, these companies have one goal in mind - make the bucks. They don't
    give two shits what you, me or anyone else thinks.

    Steve

    Steve Mackie, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Steve Mackie Guest

    > I think it's not very likely to happen on this planet. P&S cameras
    > are targeted at the "consumer" market. Consumers like large numbers,
    > and will buy the gadgets with the largest numbers. They don't
    > particularly care what these numbers signify, as long as they are not
    > the price. Low price is the one thing that can sell a model better
    > than large numbers. Two numbers are particularly easy to raise while
    > keeping a low price: pixel count and zoom factor (digital zoom is
    > really easy). For this reason, we will continue seeing more cheap
    > cameras with ever higher pixel counts.

    LOL, it took me 2 minutes longer to type my response.

    Steve Mackie, Feb 26, 2006
  5. Guest

    i'm disagree.
    Marketing can think a label theory.
    "4 mega with zero noise"
    or
    "Camera with especially supercrisp sensor"
    People aren't brass monkey..

    ciao

    , Feb 26, 2006
  6. writes:

    > i'm disagree.
    > Marketing can think a label theory.
    > "4 mega with zero noise"

    That won't work. If "zero noise" means anything at all to a random
    consumer, it will be "water cooling". Nobody will want to be lugging
    around a water cooling system for a camera.

    > or
    > "Camera with especially supercrisp sensor"

    They already get that by using a too weak antialiasing filter, giving
    pictures that look sharp but in reality are only full of false detail.

    > People aren't brass monkey..

    No, nowadays it's some much cheaper material, possibly plastic.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Feb 26, 2006
  7. Guest

    and "N.A.R. technology" (Noise As Reflex)...it appeals to you?
    or yuo feel noise...? ;-)

    , Feb 26, 2006
  8. wrote:
    > Dear Panasonic,Canon,Sony;olympus,etc,
    > i see the fz7's test.Noise,noise,noise...and the technical
    > specifications of Canon S3 and Sony H2 are the same;ccd=1/2,5 ,6
    > megapixel..............STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
    > We want a new sensor with 4 or 5 megapixel but with "Noise ZERO"(as a
    > reflex)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > (What do you think about this?)

    Given the choice of a large camera with little noise but a bag of heavy,
    expensive lenses to drag around, or a lighter, more compact camera with a
    single 36 - 432mm image stabilised zoom lens, with a higher noise level, I
    chose the latter (a 5MP Panasonic FZ5). Having seen what the single lens,
    large sensor, low-noise camera might look like (the Sony R1), I don't want
    one, thanks.

    The physics of small sensor cameras mean that you will not get zero noise,
    so you have to decide for yourself what level of noise is acceptable. You
    can still buy the 4 - 5MP cameras - so get them now while they last! If
    you want lower noise, go for a DSLR.

    David

    David J Taylor, Feb 26, 2006
  9. Markeau Guest

    The Fuji F10/F11 with good ISO 1600 (and presumably, the upcoming F30
    with ISO 3200) results are certainly on the right track for low noise.

    Markeau, Feb 26, 2006
  10. Guest

    Yes Markeau.....i see here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicFZ7/samples/comparedto/DMCFZ7_ISO1600.JPG

    and here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF10Zoom/samples/comparedto/FUJI_F10_ISO1600.JPG

    and i understand many many....Fuji are REALLY usable at 1600 iso,not
    Pana..

    And i think:
    There aren't Fuji 5600 tests on DPreview,Imaging resources, and
    Dcresources...
    Uhmm....that's a mistery...Major(Canon,Pana,Sony)are sared?Bah...

    But on digital camera info there is a test and score for noise:

    Panasonic fz5 - 2,39/ 3,52
    Canon S2 - 3,69/ 3,72
    Fuji s5200 -3,55/ 6,32

    Uhm..an idea...fuji sensor (but with stabilizer) are a potential market
    winner?
    what about this?

    , Feb 28, 2006
  11. hassy_user Guest

    i thought low noise meant the camera was really quiet

    hassy_user, Feb 28, 2006