    PC is switched on?

    --
    Regards Ron...........
    Twixer, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Twixer wrote:
    > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever the
    > PC is switched on?

    Figure out which program it is that is trying to access the net. Look in
    your startup folder. Or do a Ctrl + Alt + Del and look at the running
    programs and by process of elimination get rid of the one making a
    request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,
    adware or one of umpteen others.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Twixer

    Twixer Guest

    > Twixer wrote:
    > > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever

    the
    > > PC is switched on?
    > >

    > Figure out which program it is that is trying to access the net. Look in
    > your startup folder. Or do a Ctrl + Alt + Del and look at the running
    > programs and by process of elimination get rid of the one making a
    > request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,
    > adware or one of umpteen others.

    Thanks I will Have a look around!
    Twixer, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Twixer

    Plato Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > request to be online. Could be Weatherbug, a virus or trojan, spyware,

    That weatherbug program is being offerned on many sites now. Darn
    popups/popunders with the weatherbug. Silly app.
    Plato, Jun 28, 2003
  5. Twixer

    Flash Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Twixer wrote:
    > > Hi all can anyone remind me how stop a PC connecting to the net whenever

    the
    > > PC is switched on?

    Zone Alarm was doing that here until I downloaded the latest version.
    Flash, Jun 29, 2003