stop error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    detap wrote:
    > every time I try to watch a video in my dvd cd rom as soon as the
    > sound and picture start I get this error stop: 0x00000001 diver IRQ L
    > not less or equal
    > address BFF83000 date stamp atapi.sys beginning dump of phisical
    > memory

    Okay okay...geez <g>

    That is usually a bad driver - in this case, most likely atapi.sys, which is
    the driver for an optical drive (CD, DVD, etc.)

    Since you haven't posted the entire error message, nor the version of
    Windows, nor the model of the optical drive, or the software you are using
    to play your DVD, or *anything* of use, you're not going to get much help.

    You could check your event log to see if there is more info which *might*
    help someone help you...

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim

    WormWood Guest

    Please adjust your clock (choose correct time zone)
    and tick "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes."

    WormWood, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:38:43 -0700, "detap" <> wrote:

    >every time I try to watch a video in my dvd cd rom as soon as the sound and

    Ok, and you're posting this again because?
    Evan Platt, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:38:43 -0700, "detap" <> wrote:
    >
    >> every time I try to watch a video in my dvd cd rom as soon as the
    >> sound and

    > Ok, and you're posting this again because?

    He was hoping I wouldn't see it and make fun of his poorly written post
    again <g>

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005

    Start here; http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stop: 0x00000001

    detap, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:38:43 -0700, "detap" <> wrote:
    >
    >>every time I try to watch a video in my dvd cd rom as soon as the sound and

    > Ok, and you're posting this again because?

    Because he can't figure out how to read messages? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2005