    possible it might turn up? I never did figure out why it was removed from
    Netscape.

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Oct 18, 2007

  2. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > Some versions ago, Netscape had an item in the View menu "Stop animation" which
    > worked great. I think it was dropped from subsequent versions, and my Firefox
    > 2.0.0.7 doesn't seem to have that. Does anyone remember such an option? Is it
    > possible it might turn up? I never did figure out why it was removed from
    > Netscape.
    >
    > Chuck

    there's nothing like that under View. Are you talking about
    this: Tools, Options, Content, and "Load Images automatically?"

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 18, 2007

  3. Gualtier Malde

    Rom Guest

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:35:17 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:

    > Some versions ago, Netscape had an item in the View menu "Stop animation" which
    > worked great. I think it was dropped from subsequent versions, and my Firefox
    > 2.0.0.7 doesn't seem to have that. Does anyone remember such an option?

    Nope, but I think there was an animation setting in Options.

    There's an image.animation_mode pref:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Tips_:_Animated_Images>

    The Quick Preference Button extension provides a quick way to access
    some prefs no longer in Firefox's Options, and includes the above
    animation pref: <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1851>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Oct 18, 2007