stop 0x9c on intel SE7520AF2 motherboard

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Derek Ragona, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Derek Ragona

    Derek Ragona Guest

    I have a server running Windows 2003 64-bit standard edition on an intel
    SE7520AF2 serverboard with 2 Xeon 3.4 GHz CPU's, 8GB RAM, SCSI RAID array,

    This motherboard has an unknow device in device manager. The information on
    the device says it is some kind of ACPI device.

    Three times I have gotten a blue screen stop with the error:
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    Stop code is 0x9c (0x0, 0xFFFFFADF3669124D, 0x0, 0x0)

    Anyone have an idea what may be causing this error, and what it means so I
    can try to fix it. This is all new hardware, so I suspect it is related to
    the configuration.

    I also have found if I set the power setting to turn the monitor off after
    some time of inactivity, the system become unresponsive and I have to power
    it off and back on. I don't know if this is related to the stop error or
    not.

    Derek Ragona

    Derek Ragona, Jun 9, 2005

  2. When you installed the OS, did you forget the CHIPSET INF from Intel's
    website, that tells the OS what components are on the motherboard:

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...al x64 Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=109&submit=Go!

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlubyBGYXJpYQ==?=, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Derek Ragona

    Ian Guest

    the "unknown device"
    and this is just a shot in the dark
    ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
    I have this problem with both XP & Server2k3 x64 on 2 ASUS motherboards,
    the A8V Deluxe and the A8N-SLI.
    It shows up when I install either of the x86 OS's.
    Provider ATK
    "Driver Version 1043.2.15.37"
    Not digitally signed
    In fact - that is my mission for today.
    I have XP x86 on partition C and x64 just initial booted on partition D
    time to get to work.

    Ian, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Derek Ragona

    Derek Ragona Guest

    I installed the latest chipset from intels's website, but it still left the
    one ACPI item as an unknown device. I have contacted intel, but thay have
    been unresponsive.

    -Derek

    Derek Ragona, Jun 17, 2005