    our cards. This was a Visa card and the first fraudulent charge was
    made to a Home Depot in Michigan, followed by 2 today in Spain.

    , Apr 29, 2006

  2. Bit Twister Guest

    On 29 Apr 2006 15:17:41 -0700, wrote:
    > I just found out that one of my credit cards has been fraudulently
    > used. I was trying to find if there were any groups that might have
    > information on credit card theft. Like a consumer group or the like.
    > I haven't found a group related to this so far, but thought someone
    > here might know of something.
    > The type of information I would be looking for is postings from other
    > people who have had fraudulent activity on their credit card, so that
    > I/we could possibly correlate where the people got the information on
    > our cards. This was a Visa card and the first fraudulent charge was
    > made to a Home Depot in Michigan, followed by 2 today in Spain.

    http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/index.html

    Wish you luck on hunting down the leak.

    I have seen several, news releases of auditing and financial
    companies, gas stations, home depot, colledges, staples, banks loosing
    data. Those are just the ones we know about.

    The state of Ohio in the USA is in the process of recalling cds passed
    out with Social Security, address, names, phone numbers.

    Bit Twister, Apr 29, 2006