    1. Advertising

  2. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Sailor Sam, Dec 23, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 23, 2009
  4. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Sailor Sam, Dec 23, 2009
  5. Sailor Sam

    Sailor Sam Guest

    Sailor Sam wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <hgs0di$d10$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10617166
    >>

    >> Nothing in there about stealing any “codeâ€, proprietary or otherwise.

    > Gosh, only 30 minutes after I posted a correction...

    Which didnt cover that this was patent infringing case :\

    Well, I could just ignore any corrections :)

    Not like anybody here would do that though, would they...

    Sailor Sam, Dec 23, 2009
  6. Sailor Sam

    thingy Guest

    On Dec 23, 4:44 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <hgs0di$-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
    >

    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=1....
    >
    > Nothing in there about stealing any “code”, proprietary or otherwise.

    Funny but a court pinged MS for utilising a patent they didnt own.

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10617166

    Now I might not agree with patents in this form, but its lawful in the
    USA so laws should be obeyed.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Dec 23, 2009
  7. Sailor Sam

    Simon Guest

    On Dec 24, 8:49 am, thingy <> wrote:

    > Funny but a court pinged MS for utilising a patent they didnt own.
    >
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=1....
    >
    > Now I might not agree with patents in this form, but its lawful in the
    > USA so laws should be obeyed.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Another 'patent troll' company by the looks of things. But you're
    right that it seems perfectly legal.

    Simon, Dec 23, 2009