stock photography archive on p2p

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010.

  1. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. sobriquet

    Save $3.99 Guest

    So he's announcing that he may have some of our copyrighted images on his
    torrent.

    Save $3.99, Jan 26, 2010

  3. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 01:57, "Save $3.99" <> wrote:
    > So he's announcing that he may have some of our copyrighted images on his
    > torrent.

    My torrent is your torrent.
    Sharing is caring.

    The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    to pay them for using your brain, because *you* are basically their
    'intellectual property', so they can do with you whatever they like
    and just like they can dictate how you are allowed to use your
    computer or your internet connection, there is no reason why they
    shouldn't be allowed to dictate how you can use your brain! They own
    the government as well as the media and hence they completely control
    your mind.

    You will obey me while I lead you
    And eat the garbage that I feed you
    Until the day that we don't need you
    Don't got for help...no one will heed you
    Your mind is totally controlled
    It has been stuffed into my mold
    And you will do as you are told
    Until the rights to you are sold

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  4. sobriquet

    Peter Guest

    "sobriquet" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 jan, 01:57, "Save $3.99" <> wrote:
    >> So he's announcing that he may have some of our copyrighted images on his
    >> torrent.

    > My torrent is your torrent.
    > Sharing is caring.
    >
    > The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    > to pay them for using your brain, because *you* are basically their
    > 'intellectual property', so they can do with you whatever they like
    > and just like they can dictate how you are allowed to use your
    > computer or your internet connection, there is no reason why they
    > shouldn't be allowed to dictate how you can use your brain! They own
    > the government as well as the media and hence they completely control
    > your mind.
    >
    > You will obey me while I lead you
    > And eat the garbage that I feed you
    > Until the day that we don't need you
    > Don't got for help...no one will heed you
    > Your mind is totally controlled
    > It has been stuffed into my mold
    > And you will do as you are told
    > Until the rights to you are sold

    Another thieving troll who has no regard for the hard work of others.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 26, 2010
  5. sobriquet

    whisky-dave Guest

    "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    > to pay them for using your brain,

    I guess due to lack of use you wont get charged much.

    whisky-dave, Jan 26, 2010
  6. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 17:10, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > > On 26 jan, 01:57, "Save $3.99" <> wrote:
    > >> So he's announcing that he may have some of our copyrighted images on his
    > >> torrent.

    > > My torrent is your torrent.
    > > Sharing is caring.

    > > The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    > > to pay them for using your brain, because *you* are basically their
    > > 'intellectual property', so they can do with you whatever they like
    > > and just like they can dictate how you are allowed to use your
    > > computer or your internet connection, there is no reason why they
    > > shouldn't be allowed to dictate how you can use your brain! They own
    > > the government as well as the media and hence they completely control
    > > your mind.

    > > You will obey me while I lead you
    > > And eat the garbage that I feed you
    > > Until the day that we don't need you
    > > Don't got for help...no one will heed you
    > > Your mind is totally controlled
    > > It has been stuffed into my mold
    > > And you will do as you are told
    > > Until the rights to you are sold

    > Another thieving troll who has no regard for the hard work of others.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    It's the intellectual property mafia that has no respect whatsoever
    for human rights (like the freedom to share and exchange information).

    Independent thought: Available at a central nervous system near you!

    People who think bitstrings can be owned, bought or sold have their
    head stuck up their arse so deep, that they have lost all contact with
    reality.

    000101011010111010000011010110101010110111100011100110011000001011010110010101010011

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  7. sobriquet

    Peter Guest

    "sobriquet" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 jan, 17:10, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    >> > My torrent is your torrent.
    >> > Sharing is caring.

    >> > The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    >> > to pay them for using your brain, because *you* are basically their
    >> > 'intellectual property', so they can do with you whatever they like
    >> > and just like they can dictate how you are allowed to use your
    >> > computer or your internet connection, there is no reason why they
    >> > shouldn't be allowed to dictate how you can use your brain! They own
    >> > the government as well as the media and hence they completely control
    >> > your mind.

    >> > You will obey me while I lead you
    >> > And eat the garbage that I feed you
    >> > Until the day that we don't need you
    >> > Don't got for help...no one will heed you
    >> > Your mind is totally controlled
    >> > It has been stuffed into my mold
    >> > And you will do as you are told
    >> > Until the rights to you are sold

    >> Another thieving troll who has no regard for the hard work of others.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > It's the intellectual property mafia that has no respect whatsoever
    > for human rights (like the freedom to share and exchange information).
    >
    > Independent thought: Available at a central nervous system near you!
    >
    > People who think bitstrings can be owned, bought or sold have their
    > head stuck up their arse so deep, that they have lost all contact with
    > reality.

    If I want to share my IP it's my decision, not yours. But a thief
    can't/won't agree.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 26, 2010
  8. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 17:39, "whisky-dave" <> wrote:
    > "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > > The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    > > to pay them for using your brain,

    > I guess due to lack of use you wont get charged much.

    Gee, did you come up with that witty remark all by yourself?

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  9. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 18:12, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > > On 26 jan, 17:10, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > >> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > >> Another thieving troll who has no regard for the hard work of others.

    > >> --
    > >> Peter

    > > It's the intellectual property mafia that has no respect whatsoever
    > > for human rights (like the freedom to share and exchange information).

    > > Independent thought: Available at a central nervous system near you!

    > > People who think bitstrings can be owned, bought or sold have their
    > > head stuck up their arse so deep, that they have lost all contact with
    > > reality.

    > If I want to share my IP it's my decision, not yours. But a thief
    > can't/won't agree.

    And what exactly is your IP?
    Can you leave your computer on overnight to generate random bitstrings
    which can all be added to your collection of items in your
    intellectual property inventory?

    Who keeps track of ownership of bitstrings? Where can I find out who
    owns the following bitstring?

    00101110111101001010000101011010111111010000000000111010011011001000111000

    Can I claim ownership of it and put it on a CDROM, add a manual and
    put it in a box and sell it on eBay?

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  10. sobriquet

    Peter Guest

    "sobriquet" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 jan, 18:12, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    >> > It's the intellectual property mafia that has no respect whatsoever
    >> > for human rights (like the freedom to share and exchange information).

    >> > Independent thought: Available at a central nervous system near you!

    >> > People who think bitstrings can be owned, bought or sold have their
    >> > head stuck up their arse so deep, that they have lost all contact with
    >> > reality.

    >> If I want to share my IP it's my decision, not yours. But a thief
    >> can't/won't agree.

    > And what exactly is your IP?
    > Can you leave your computer on overnight to generate random bitstrings
    > which can all be added to your collection of items in your
    > intellectual property inventory?
    >
    > Who keeps track of ownership of bitstrings? Where can I find out who
    > owns the following bitstring?

    That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without my
    approval. Especially my photographs.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 26, 2010
  11. sobriquet

    Die Wahrheit Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:07:42 -0800 (PST), sobriquet <>
    wrote:

    >On 26 jan, 17:10, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    >> > My torrent is your torrent.
    >> > Sharing is caring.

    >> > The intellectual property mafia owns your mind and soon you will have
    >> > to pay them for using your brain, because *you* are basically their
    >> > 'intellectual property', so they can do with you whatever they like
    >> > and just like they can dictate how you are allowed to use your
    >> > computer or your internet connection, there is no reason why they
    >> > shouldn't be allowed to dictate how you can use your brain! They own
    >> > the government as well as the media and hence they completely control
    >> > your mind.

    >> > You will obey me while I lead you
    >> > And eat the garbage that I feed you
    >> > Until the day that we don't need you
    >> > Don't got for help...no one will heed you
    >> > Your mind is totally controlled
    >> > It has been stuffed into my mold
    >> > And you will do as you are told
    >> > Until the rights to you are sold

    >> Another thieving troll who has no regard for the hard work of others.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    >It's the intellectual property mafia that has no respect whatsoever
    >for human rights (like the freedom to share and exchange information).
    >
    >Independent thought: Available at a central nervous system near you!
    >
    >People who think bitstrings can be owned, bought or sold have their
    >head stuck up their arse so deep, that they have lost all contact with
    >reality.
    >
    >000101011010111010000011010110101010110111100011100110011000001011010110010101010011

    Exactly so.

    A whole generation growing up, believing they give away their personal
    rights to freedom with nothing more than the click of a mouse every day.
    What fools they and their parents be.

    Die Wahrheit, Jan 26, 2010
  12. sobriquet

    Die Wahrheit Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:21:57 -0500, "Peter" <>
    wrote:

    >"sobriquet" <> wrote in message
    >> On 26 jan, 18:12, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >>> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    >>> If I want to share my IP it's my decision, not yours. But a thief
    >>> can't/won't agree.

    >> And what exactly is your IP?
    >> Can you leave your computer on overnight to generate random bitstrings
    >> which can all be added to your collection of items in your
    >> intellectual property inventory?
    >>
    >> Who keeps track of ownership of bitstrings? Where can I find out who
    >> owns the following bitstring?
    >>

    >That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without my
    >approval. Especially my photographs.

    Then don't post any image to the net that can be used for anyone's
    financial or personal gain. It's that amazingly simple. But then, you have
    to have a mind less simple than that to comprehend this.

    Die Wahrheit, Jan 26, 2010
  13. sobriquet

    Peter Guest

    "Die Wahrheit" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:21:57 -0500, "Peter" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without
    >>my
    >>approval. Especially my photographs.

    > Then don't post any image to the net that can be used for anyone's
    > financial or personal gain. It's that amazingly simple. But then, you have
    > to have a mind less simple than that to comprehend this.

    Right. I must not trust anybody. Since I am simple minded I have to ask if I
    cannot let you look at any of my work, lest you steal it.
    Tells all of us about your character, or lack thereof.

    Also, makes us wonder if you know what it means to work.
    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jan 26, 2010
  14. sobriquet

    Pete Guest

    Die Wahrheit wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:21:57 -0500, "Peter" wrote:
    >>That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without
    >>my
    >>approval. Especially my photographs.

    > Then don't post any image to the net that can be used for anyone's
    > financial or personal gain. It's that amazingly simple. But then, you have
    > to have a mind less simple than that to comprehend this.

    You can make finacial gain from someone's copyrighted work, just as you can
    gain from stealing anything. More likely you will end up with severe
    financial and personal losses.

    Try starting with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright, fully research the
    laws that apply to your intended market(s), and check the current terms and
    conditions of your ISP.

    Pete

    Pete, Jan 26, 2010
  15. sobriquet

    Joel S Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:07:01 -0000, "Pete"
    <> wrote:

    >Die Wahrheit wrote:
    >> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:21:57 -0500, "Peter" wrote:
    >>>That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without
    >>>my
    >>>approval. Especially my photographs.

    >> Then don't post any image to the net that can be used for anyone's
    >> financial or personal gain. It's that amazingly simple. But then, you have
    >> to have a mind less simple than that to comprehend this.

    >You can make finacial gain from someone's copyrighted work, just as you can
    >gain from stealing anything. More likely you will end up with severe
    >financial and personal losses.
    >
    >Try starting with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright, fully research the
    >laws that apply to your intended market(s), and check the current terms and
    >conditions of your ISP.
    >
    >Pete

    Oh, you're one of those. A simpleton that has never realized that "laws"
    are just someone's self-serving opinion.

    Sucks to be you!

    Joel S, Jan 26, 2010
  16. sobriquet

    Pete Guest

    Joel S wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:07:01 -0000, "Pete"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Die Wahrheit wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Then don't post any image to the net that can be used for anyone's
    >>> financial or personal gain. It's that amazingly simple. But then, you
    >>> have
    >>> to have a mind less simple than that to comprehend this.

    >>You can make finacial gain from someone's copyrighted work, just as you
    >>can
    >>gain from stealing anything. More likely you will end up with severe
    >>financial and personal losses.
    >>
    >>Try starting with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright, fully research
    >>the
    >>laws that apply to your intended market(s), and check the current terms
    >>and
    >>conditions of your ISP.
    >>
    >>Pete
    >>

    > Oh, you're one of those. A simpleton that has never realized that "laws"
    > are just someone's self-serving opinion.
    >
    > Sucks to be you!

    I had the strange notion that "laws" are served by a justice system, often
    in quite a harsh manner, but I'm no longer young enough to know everything.

    By definition, simpletons rarely have a life that "sucks" - that is the life
    position of clever-dicks who are trying to change the world to fit
    themselves (and haven't yet figued out the futility of it).

    Simple Pete :)

    Pete, Jan 26, 2010
  17. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 19:21, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > > On 26 jan, 18:12, "Peter" <> wrote:
    > >> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    > >> If I want to share my IP it's my decision, not yours. But a thief
    > >> can't/won't agree.

    > > And what exactly is your IP?
    > > Can you leave your computer on overnight to generate random bitstrings
    > > which can all be added to your collection of items in your
    > > intellectual property inventory?

    > > Who keeps track of ownership of bitstrings? Where can I find out who
    > > owns the following bitstring?

    > That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without my
    > approval. Especially my photographs.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Then you better keep your photographs to yourselves, to prevent them
    from becoming
    available on the internet in the form of a bitstring.
    Once it's out there it's beyond your control, because all bitstrings
    belong to the public domain and the only way to prevent a bitstring
    from being shared is to keep it a secret.

    So you can own bitstrings, but don't tell other people which
    bitstrings you own, because there is no way for you to prevent other
    people from duplicating and distributing such bitstrings and you just
    make an idiot out of yourself by claiming those bitstrings are your
    intellectual property.

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  18. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 21:07, "Pete" <> wrote:
    > Die Wahrheit wrote:
    > > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:21:57 -0500, "Peter" wrote:
    > >>That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without
    > >>my
    > >>approval. Especially my photographs.

    > > Then don't post any image to the net that can be used for anyone's
    > > financial or personal gain. It's that amazingly simple. But then, you have
    > > to have a mind less simple than that to comprehend this.

    > You can make finacial gain from someone's copyrighted work, just as you can
    > gain from stealing anything. More likely you will end up with severe
    > financial and personal losses.
    >
    > Try starting withhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright, fully research the
    > laws that apply to your intended market(s), and check the current terms and
    > conditions of your ISP.
    >
    > Pete

    Copyright can't be applied to digital information (bitstrings) in a
    sensible way.

    Just have a look at this documentary and perhaps you will understand
    why copyright is incompatible with contemporary information
    technology:

    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4873370/RIP__A_Remix_Manifesto_-_Xvid

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  19. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    On 26 jan, 21:56, "Pete" <> wrote:
    > Joel S wrote:
    > > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:07:01 -0000, "Pete"
    > > <> wrote:

    > >>You can make finacial gain from someone's copyrighted work, just as you
    > >>can
    > >>gain from stealing anything. More likely you will end up with severe
    > >>financial and personal losses.

    > >>Try starting withhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright, fully research
    > >>the
    > >>laws that apply to your intended market(s), and check the current terms
    > >>and
    > >>conditions of your ISP.

    > >>Pete

    > > Oh, you're one of those. A simpleton that has never realized that "laws"
    > > are just someone's self-serving opinion.

    > > Sucks to be you!

    > I had the strange notion that "laws" are served by a justice system, often
    > in quite a harsh manner, but I'm no longer young enough to know everything.
    >
    > By definition, simpletons rarely have a life that "sucks" - that is the life
    > position of clever-dicks who are trying to change the world to fit
    > themselves (and haven't yet figued out the futility of it).
    >
    > Simple Pete :)- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    Justice?
    Justice my ass.. you can drink all the alcohol you like and the
    government basically couldn't
    care less if you'd choke on your own puke, but if you grow some
    cannabis flowers at home, the government suddenly kicks into nanny
    mode and will bust your door to arrest you and lock you up amongst
    rapists and murderers for peacefully cultivating your favorite
    flowers.
    Supposedly for your own good (because cannabis might be abused.. no
    really).

    So justice is as much of a joke today as it was back in the days when
    people with a different skin color could be owned, bought or sold as
    slaves.

    sobriquet, Jan 26, 2010
  20. sobriquet

    Peter Guest

    "sobriquet" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 jan, 19:21, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >> "sobriquet" <> wrote in message

    >> > And what exactly is your IP?
    >> > Can you leave your computer on overnight to generate random bitstrings
    >> > which can all be added to your collection of items in your
    >> > intellectual property inventory?

    >> > Who keeps track of ownership of bitstrings? Where can I find out who
    >> > owns the following bitstring?

    >> That BS double talk does not mean you are free to use my creation without
    >> my
    >> approval. Especially my photographs.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > Then you better keep your photographs to yourselves, to prevent them
    > from becoming
    > available on the internet in the form of a bitstring.
    > Once it's out there it's beyond your control, because all bitstrings
    > belong to the public domain and the only way to prevent a bitstring
    > from being shared is to keep it a secret.
    >
    > So you can own bitstrings, but don't tell other people which
    > bitstrings you own, because there is no way for you to prevent other
    > people from duplicating and distributing such bitstrings and you just
    > make an idiot out of yourself by claiming those bitstrings are your
    > intellectual property.

    PLONK

    --
    Peter