    their proprietary storage media and with their camera.

    Thanks,
    CC
    cc, Aug 5, 2003

  2. cc

    The_Critic Guest

    "cc" <> wrote in message
    news:%zEXa.66821$Ho3.9879@sccrnsc03...
    > Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
    > make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus

    Camedia
    > software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
    > their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > CC

    Photostitch 3.1 or whatever current version is out there reportedly enables
    photos to be stitched together. I have it but have not yet used it.
    The_Critic, Aug 5, 2003

  3. cc

    Andre Guest

    Photoshop Elements

    Andre, Aug 5, 2003
  4. cc

    lcopps Guest

    PanoramaMaker 3.0 does a nice job and is easy to use.

    lcopps, Aug 5, 2003
  5. cc

    Robertwgross Guest

    CC wrote:
    >Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
    >make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus Camedia
    >software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
    >their proprietary storage media and with their camera.

    I've had very good luck lately with the Canon stitching program. It does get
    kind of messy if you are trying to stitch together more than about one GB of
    images.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Whatever it's called that comes with the Canon 10D works pretty well.
    I've been playing with it lately and have been impressed with the
    results.
    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 5, 2003
  7. PhotoStitch does a pretty good job as long as you keep the camera
    level. Two or three go together much better than four (the max).
    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 5, 2003
  8. cc

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    The PhotoStitch 3.1 I have doesn't have a four-pic limit.

    Mick Ruthven, Aug 5, 2003
  9. "cc" <> wrote in message
    > Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together

    You will find a comprehensive review of available software at
    www.panoguide.com

    If you are looking for freeware, there's little choice: the most popular is
    Panorama Factory V1.6. Panorama Tools is excellent and also free, but is
    much more difficult to use, and needs a front-end "helper" application such
    as PTAssembler, PTGui or PTMac (none of which are free) to make it useable.

    Others you might look at are Panavue Image Assembler, and PhotoVista.

    You find highly positive views from users of all the available software, but
    some stitchers are more capable than others. Find out which is right for
    you by taking advantage of the free trial offers that are usually available.

    John
    John Houghton, Aug 5, 2003
  10. cc

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 5 Aug 2003 00:11:35 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    (Andrew Gala) wrote:

    >360dof have a good one for this.
    >
    >http://www.360dof.com/productcomparison.htm?menu=productfeaturecomparison
    >
    >you probably just want the Professional Suite, if you just want to
    >stitch images together.

    If that's all you want, save money and buy Panavue Image Assembler
    directly. All they've done is license and repackage it. Last time I checked
    they were also slightly behind in incorporating updates.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Aug 5, 2003
  11. > The PhotoStitch 3.1 I have doesn't have a four-pic limit.

    I've found that things get a little weird when you go beyond 3.
    Maybe it's my technique (probably not). :)
    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 5, 2003
  12. "cc" <> wrote in message
    > Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
    > make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus

    Camedia
    > software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
    > their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > CC

    I do it with Paint Shop Pro, which is my general-purpose image editor. A
    couple of months ago, I connected 10(!) images into a panorama.
    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 5, 2003
  13. cc

    Ted Johnson Guest

    "cc" <> wrote in message news:<%zEXa.66821$Ho3.9879@sccrnsc03>...
    > Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
    > make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus Camedia
    > software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
    > their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > CC

    I use Photoshop Elements 2 for that purpose. If you take the pictures
    right in the first place it does an amazing job and is really simple
    to use. Action pictures are, of course, out of the question and you
    have to be very careful not to get anything that changes continually
    in the area that stiching will occur. (I had a very hard time getting
    a decent stitch up of pictures of Niagara Falls, for example...)

    Best,
    <TED>
    Ted Johnson, Aug 5, 2003
  14. cc

    Cool Hand Guest

    Search Panorama at deja.com
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=Panorama&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&lr=lang_en&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en>

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:24:59 GMT, "cc" <> wrote:

    =>Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
    =>make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus Camedia
    =>software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
    =>their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
    =>
    =>Thanks,
    =>CC
    =>

    ---
    Bill God recently starts fighting Spam because (he says) "Like almost everyone, I receive a lot of spam every day, much of it offering to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It's ridiculous."
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rachel1689/
    Cool Hand, Aug 5, 2003