    trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.

    Thanks
    , Jul 11, 2006

  2. Jim Waggener Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
    > S100
    > (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:16080/microscopy/_images/Ins3.jpg)
    > inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
    > tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
    > images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
    > is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
    > would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
    > overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
    > stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
    > trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.
    >
    > Thanks

    since you have CS have tried File>Automate>Photomerge?
    Jim Waggener, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Don Wiss Guest

    On 11 Jul 2006 14:03:04 -0700, wrote:

    >images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
    >is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
    >would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
    >overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
    >stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
    >trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.

    PTGui.com could do this. But I don't know if their trial has some
    limitation that keeps you from doing this size.

    It won't be easy, as PTGui has a high learning curve.

    Don Wiss, Jul 12, 2006
  4. bugbear Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
    > S100
    > (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:16080/microscopy/_images/Ins3.jpg)
    > inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
    > tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
    > images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
    > is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
    > would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
    > overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
    > stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
    > trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.

    What you're doing, in "normal" camera terms is a "panorama".

    Try searching for panorama software.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Pete D Guest

    Autostitch will easily do what you want.

    http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

    Pete D, Jul 12, 2006
  6. remove Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:07:06 +1000, "Pete D" <> wrote:

    >Autostitch will easily do what you want.
    >
    >http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
    >> S100
    >> (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:16080/microscopy/_images/Ins3.jpg)
    >> inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
    >> tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
    >> images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
    >> is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
    >> would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
    >> overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
    >> stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
    >> trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    I second Autostitch. Freeware which does an excellent job.
    remove, Jul 12, 2006