    giving exams? Please help me understand what really goes
    in MCSD studies, I am a little confused in this issue.
    Thanky you

    Irfaan Wahid, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Irfaan Wahid

    EggHead Guest

    haha, if you want to get hand-on exp through the cert, you need to do the
    SCJD :)
    MCSD is just a bundle of "choose all that apply" exams after all

    EggHead, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Hi Irfaan,

    "MCSD" is not a course at all. It is a series of exams that certify job
    skills. There are courses that cover most/all of the material in the exam
    syllabi, but Microsoft suggests that you also have 2 years' job experience
    before taking the exams.

    For the syllabus ("skills being measured") for each exam go to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdotnet.asp and click
    on the link under each exam number. Note that the courses do not exactly
    correspond with the exam syllabi.

    Perhaps you're not getting much comment on this part of your question
    because "high edge applications" is such a subjective term. Also, you give
    the example that you have "learned" one of the languages. This is also
    subjective; my guess is that even industry "experts" feel that they have
    more to learn about .NET.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Irfaan Wahid

    Guest Guest

    The main points to remember is that MCSDs date super models and MCSEs still
    live at home with their parents.

    Guest, Feb 24, 2005