    Thanks,
    Ron
    , Oct 30, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
    > brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
    > loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?

    With all respect, you should adjust the white point and luminance on
    your TV.....

    So, how 'bout those Niners??

    <sob>

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 30, 2006

  3. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
    > brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
    > loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    I've never seen what you describe.
    Some guys do cover part of their lenses with duct tape...or other protective
    stuff.
    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Oct 31, 2006
  4. John Turco Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
    > > brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
    > > loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?

    > With all respect, you should adjust the white point and luminance on
    > your TV.....
    >
    > So, how 'bout those Niners??
    >
    > <sob>
    >
    > --
    > John McWilliam

    Hello, John:

    They reek, and the Bears are frauds, as usual.

    You read it here, first! <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Nov 4, 2006
  5. Mike Perkins Guest

    On 30 Oct 2006 08:48:28 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >I noticed the lenses on the sidelines of the Bears game were mostly
    >brown and gray. Last year they were almost all white. Is Canon
    >loosing ground? Who is making the brown and gray barrel lenses?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Ron

    You mean like this?

    http://www.kansasviking.com/imagesboard/PA300133.jpg

    Oh, and Go Vikings. ;-)
    --
    Mike
    The Kansas Viking
    Mike Perkins, Nov 5, 2006
  6. Guest

    Mike Perkins wrote:

    > You mean like this?
    >
    > http://www.kansasviking.com/imagesboard/PA300133.jpg
    >
    > Oh, and Go Vikings. ;-)
    > --
    > Mike
    > The Kansas Viking
    > www.kansasviking.com

    That's it. And not only that but lenses with even more and bigger
    rubber collars or sleeves. Maybe they are all Canons but they look
    different this year.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    Go Colts
    , Nov 5, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > Mike Perkins wrote:
    >> You mean like this?
    >>
    >> http://www.kansasviking.com/imagesboard/PA300133.jpg
    >>
    >> Oh, and Go Vikings. ;-)
    >> --
    >> Mike
    >> The Kansas Viking
    >> www.kansasviking.com

    > That's it. And not only that but lenses with even more and bigger
    > rubber collars or sleeves. Maybe they are all Canons but they look
    > different this year.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ron
    >
    > Go Colts

    The picture of the big Canon cannon looks like it was taken with a
    Sigma; look at the guy's arm's skintones.

    And, Halt! Vikings.

    GO NINERS.

    All of 6-3 at start of 4th Q. Well, three minutes in. Niner's just got a
    turnover, all this at precisely 3:23:28 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2006, PST.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Nov 5, 2006
  8. Mike Perkins Guest

    On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:23:30 -0800, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >The picture of the big Canon cannon looks like it was taken with a
    >Sigma; look at the guy's arm's skintones.

    Nope, Olympus SP-510UZ inside the Metrodome last Monday night. Some
    very lousy lighting in there.

    >And, Halt! Vikings.
    >
    >GO NINERS.
    >
    >All of 6-3 at start of 4th Q. Well, three minutes in. Niner's just got a
    >turnover, all this at precisely 3:23:28 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2006, PST.

    Congrats on the win. We continue to stink it up. It's going to be a
    long second half of the season. ;-(
    --
    Mike
    The Kansas Viking
    Mike Perkins, Nov 6, 2006
  9. Mike Perkins wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:23:30 -0800, John McWilliams
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> The picture of the big Canon cannon looks like it was taken with a
    >> Sigma; look at the guy's arm's skintones.

    > Nope, Olympus SP-510UZ inside the Metrodome last Monday night. Some
    > very lousy lighting in there.
    >
    >> And, Halt! Vikings.
    >>
    >> GO NINERS.
    >>
    >> All of 6-3 at start of 4th Q. Well, three minutes in. Niner's just got a
    >> turnover, all this at precisely 3:23:28 PM on Sunday, November 5, 2006, PST.

    > Congrats on the win. We continue to stink it up. It's going to be a
    > long second half of the season.

    Same out here. Both teams deserved to lose, but only one could. Not a
    single TD in sight.

    Good thing we have photography to concentrate on.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Nov 6, 2006