    ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    ---
    tbm, May 8, 2004

  2. tbm

    Pat Guest

    "tbm" <> wrote in message
    news:yFUmc.896$Iz4.194@newsfe1-win...
    > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT AND

    SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    Yes.
    1. Why are you shouting?
    2. If you are happy the way you are, then go with it.
    3. I do not intend to try and convince you.
    4. Take photos with your Fuji and enjoy it.

    Pat in TX
    Pat, May 8, 2004

  3. tbm

    doug Guest

    "tbm" <> wrote in message
    > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT AND

    SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    Aye,that`s right Big Man.Stop bawling and shouting like Mr.Blobby! Seriously
    though,I think the digital SLR stuff is more suited for really `serious`
    photography.
    I like the `point and shoot` capability of my G3,and the other `bells and
    whistles` have been well used too.Still....a 10x optical zoom would be
    handy! Maybe a G6 or 7? Over to you,Mr.Canon.

    regards all........Doug. twm.
    doug, May 8, 2004
  4. "tbm" <> writes:

    > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE
    > POINT AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    What's to discuss? You're happy, I'm happy (Fuji S2). We both win.

    I, at least, have used both kinds of digital cameras (and had lots of
    experience with film cameras first), so I'm not surprised I wanted the
    flexibility of interchangeable lenses.

    If you've used both too, then your choice is clearly right for you.
    If it's just that you can't imagine lugging that tonnage of glass over
    your shoulder, then your choice is *still* probably right for you
    :).

    If you're just trolling, never mind.
    RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
    David Dyer-Bennet, May 8, 2004
  5. tbm

    Drifter Guest

    On Sat, 8 May 2004 00:09:28 +0100, "tbm"
    <> wrote:

    >ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    >S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    Damn, stop feeding the trolls!

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, May 8, 2004
  6. "tbm" <> wrote in message news:<yFUmc.896$Iz4.194@newsfe1-win>...
    > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    No comments required, images are...

    http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/717_sd9_s602z
    George Preddy, May 8, 2004
  7. tbm

    Mark M Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > "tbm" <> wrote in message

    > > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT

    AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    > No comments required, images are...
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/717_sd9_s602z

    Wow.
    The Fuji row of pictures makes the Sigma row look like crap.
    No surprise there...
    Mark M, May 8, 2004
  8. "Mark M" <> wrote in message news:<x98nc.18641$ph.8708@fed1read07>...
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > "tbm" <> wrote in message

    > > > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT

    > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > > > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    > > No comments required, images are...
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/717_sd9_s602z

    > Wow.
    > The Fuji row of pictures makes the Sigma row look like crap.
    > No surprise there...

    Which is obviously why the owner upgraded to an SD9.
    George Preddy, May 9, 2004
  9. tbm

    > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > > "tbm" <> wrote in message

    POINT
    > > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > > >
    > > > No comments required, images are...
    > > >
    > > > http://www.pbase.com/imageprocessing/717_sd9_s602z

    > > Wow.
    > > The Fuji row of pictures makes the Sigma row look like crap.
    > > No surprise there...

    > Which is obviously why the owner upgraded to an SD9.

    Can you read, George?
    Mark M, May 9, 2004
  10. "Mark M" <> wrote in message news:<aNjnc.18724$ph.738@fed1read07>...
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message

    > POINT
    > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI

    > > > Wow.
    > > > The Fuji row of pictures makes the Sigma row look like crap.
    > > > No surprise there...

    > > Which is obviously why the owner upgraded to an SD9.

    > Can you read, George?

    I can read the SD9 dates are more recent, proving you are wrong.
    George Preddy, May 9, 2004
  11. tbm

    Thad Guest

    tbm wrote:

    > ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SLR MALARKY.THINK IT MORE CONVENIENT TO HAVE POINT
    > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI
    > S602Z.ANY COMMENTS PLEASE....

    The dSLR will give you more advantages for sure. First of all, you will
    be able to use higher ISO settings like 400, 800, and even 1600 at
    cleaner noise levels than 200 on most point and shoots. This will let
    you use faster shutter speeds...less camera shake, sharper pics, and you
    can handhold the camera for shots that might otherwise require a tripod.
    I have only owned point & shoot cameras to this day. I was always happy
    with the quality of my photos until my sister recently received her
    Pentax *ist D. I am now saving for a dSLR - probably the Nikon D70.

    P.S...Stay away from Sigma/Foveon products. I've used an inferior brand
    for years (HP) and I really regret it now. Stick to the major
    manufacturers (Canon, Nikon, or Pentax for the dSLR).

    -Thad L.
    Thad, May 9, 2004
  12. tbm

    > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > > POINT
    > > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI

    > > > Which is obviously why the owner upgraded to an SD9.

    > > Can you read, George?

    > I can read the SD9 dates are more recent, proving you are wrong.

    Wrong about WHAT?
    I said the Fuji images wree far better than the Sigma images.
    What has that to do with DATES????
    Mark M, May 9, 2004
  13. tbm

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Mark M wrote:

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > > POINT
    > > > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI

    > > > Can you read, George?

    > > I can read the SD9 dates are more recent, proving you are wrong.

    > Wrong about WHAT?
    > I said the Fuji images wree far better than the Sigma images.
    > What has that to do with DATES????

    Well, today is Sunday, of course!

    Lisa
    Lisa Horton, May 9, 2004
  14. tbm

    Mark M Guest

    "Lisa Horton" <> wrote in message

    > Mark M wrote:
    > >
    > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    message

    HAVE

    > > > I can read the SD9 dates are more recent, proving you are wrong.

    > > Wrong about WHAT?
    > > I said the Fuji images wree far better than the Sigma images.
    > > What has that to do with DATES????

    > Well, today is Sunday, of course!

    Ah.
    Mark M, May 9, 2004
  15. "Mark M" <> wrote in message news:<gDtnc.18759$ph.5026@fed1read07>...
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > "Mark M" <> wrote in message

    > > > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message

    > > > POINT
    > > > AND SHOOT WITH GOOD ZOOM AND FOCUS CAPABILITY.LIKE MY FUJI

    > > > Can you read, George?

    > > I can read the SD9 dates are more recent, proving you are wrong.

    > Wrong about WHAT?
    > I said the Fuji images wree far better than the Sigma images.
    > What has that to do with DATES????

    Her website says she dumped the S602Z in favor of the SD9, and the
    dates prove that. You said it was the other way around, it is quite
    obvious that you are dead wrong. Not to mention the S602 images shown
    are absolutely, positively horrible. Lets compare optical
    resolution...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/28747390/original
    http://www.pbase.com/image/23185283/original

    Gee, that's a tough battle. Not.

    The F717 clearly has about 2X the resolution of the S602Z, but that
    isn't saying much, those SD9 shots have at least 3X the optical full
    color resolution of the F717 images as shown.
    George Preddy, May 9, 2004
  16. tbm

    > > > I can read the SD9 dates are more recent, proving you are wrong.

    > > Wrong about WHAT?
    > > I said the Fuji images wree far better than the Sigma images.
    > > What has that to do with DATES????

    > Her website says she dumped the S602Z in favor of the SD9, and the
    > dates prove that. You said it was the other way around, it is quite
    > obvious that you are dead wrong.

    Georgie...

    I have made ZERO reference to ANY date in ANY comment in this thread...
    You are either referring to someone else, or you're simply cracked again.
    Mark M, May 9, 2004