    they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID number
    either. They told me to get another OEM copy
    Help please

    t, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Who is the "they"?

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 16, 2005

  3. t

    t Guest

    They are Microsoft

    t, Dec 16, 2005
  4. You are in such a cumbersome situation. I would recommend, you put that copy
    of Windows XP Professional x64 aside for 130 days, then try reinstalling and
    activate again. The activation clock should reset after 120 days.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 17, 2005
  5. t

    t Guest

    It is a new hard drive so that should be the case.

    t, Dec 17, 2005
  6. t

    t Guest

    they tell me that they dont have an activation number

    t, Dec 17, 2005
  7. t

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Dec 17, 2005
  8. t

    t Guest

    I am trying to activate by phone. Canada.
    why would that matter.
    I have activated my Vista beta that way.
    Had no problem

    t, Dec 17, 2005
  9. t

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Dec 17, 2005
  10. t

    John Barnes Guest

    Sounds fine. Telephone is good, so would internet, since you don't seem to
    be able to communicate your needs on the phone. I just don't understand
    why you aren't being given an activation number (like your Vista beta).
    Jupiters advice below seems appropriate. Good luck.

    John Barnes, Dec 17, 2005
  11. I thought phone activation for Vista would not be available until Beta 2?

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 17, 2005
  12. t

    John Barnes Guest

    Well, t seems to have found a place to phone activate Vista, but not X64.

    John Barnes, Dec 17, 2005
  13. Yeah, that is strange.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 17, 2005
  14. There is no phone activation for Vista. It is internet or nothing until
    Beta 2. The next Beta 1 interim build is due in a few days but my
    understanding is that it will not support phone activation either. Many
    beta testers are having to reinstall Vista every 15 days because they cannot
    get internet connectivity yet (due to unsupported equipment on their
    machines) and cannot activate without it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 17, 2005
  15. t

    John Barnes Guest

    A little confused, to me.

    John Barnes, Dec 17, 2005
  16. Like Colin said, I went over my 15 day grace period and I did not setup a
    modem connect where I could connect to the Internet and get it activated and
    Phone Activation was out of the picture. The the Phone activation link in
    the wizard on Vista I think don't even functions.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 17, 2005
  17. t

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that the conversations of 't' are very
    confusing. Almost nothing that is said makes sense.
    I am sure Colin and you have it straight and who knows what t got activated
    in his telephone call. At least from his spaceship he has Vista beta
    activated. :)

    John Barnes, Dec 17, 2005
  18. t

    t Guest

    well any help with x64 activation

    t, Dec 17, 2005
  19. ahh, thanks for unconfusing me there John. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 17, 2005
  20. You are in a complex situation. I would recommend formatting the hard disk
    completely removing whatever operating system you have, reload Windows XP
    32-Bit and wait 130 days until the activation resets. Thats the only work
    around to this problem.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 17, 2005