    way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    lucy
    lucy, Oct 18, 2004

  2. lucy wrote:
    > Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
    > problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very annoying.
    > Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let me scroll to
    > see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll to see almost all
    > of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two before the end.
    > To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive, but I don't know the
    > correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the top part of that window up
    > a bit, and then I can scroll to see the bottom.
    > But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new emails in the
    > inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom window smaller again.
    > If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so that I can scroll all the
    > way to the end of emails, I would really appreciate your help.
    > Thanks,
    > lucy

    Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!

    http://www.mozilla.org/

    Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
    browser yet, safest too!

    gideon
    Gideon Stargrave, Oct 18, 2004

  3. lucy

    Edgie Guest

    HI, all depends on what OS you have but assuming its XP.
    Click on start>control panel then find outlook express and choose
    change/remove and choose the fix option. This should be virtually the same
    for all Opterating Systems.
    Hope this helps

    Regards
    Chris

    Edgie, Oct 18, 2004
  4. lucy

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Gideon Stargrave <> wrote in

    > lucy wrote:
    >> Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
    >> problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very
    >> annoying. Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let
    >> me scroll to see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll
    >> to see almost all of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two
    >> before the end. To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive,
    >> but I don't know the correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the
    >> top part of that window up a bit, and then I can scroll to see the
    >> bottom. But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new
    >> emails in the inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom
    >> window smaller again. If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so
    >> that I can scroll all the way to the end of emails, I would really
    >> appreciate your help. Thanks,
    >> lucy
    >>

    > Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!
    >

    > http://www.mozilla.org/
    >
    > Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
    > browser yet, safest too!

    Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.
    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    > Gideon Stargrave <> wrote in
    >

    >>lucy wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ever since I did an update with microsoft a couple weeks ago, I've had
    >>>problems with my outlook express. It isn't a major one, but very
    >>>annoying. Where the body of the email is.. that window.. it doesn't let
    >>>me scroll to see the last few lines of the person's email. I can scroll
    >>>to see almost all of it, but it stops scrolling just a line or two
    >>>before the end. To 'fix' it.. I have to go to the top.. please forgive,
    >>>but I don't know the correct terminology.. so what I do is 'drag' the
    >>>top part of that window up a bit, and then I can scroll to see the
    >>>bottom. But when I do that, then the window on top, that shows my new
    >>>emails in the inbox, gets too small, and I have to drag the bottom
    >>>window smaller again. If anyone knows what I need to do to fix it.. so
    >>>that I can scroll all the way to the end of emails, I would really
    >>>appreciate your help. Thanks,
    >>>lucy
    >>>

    >>Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!
    >>

    >>http://www.mozilla.org/
    >>
    >>Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
    >>browser yet, safest too!

    > Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

    isn't it implied when someone asks a question in an ng like this that
    they are going to get opinions as answers, and arent all opinions
    subjective.

    I am sorry, lucy, IN MY OPINION, firefox is the best browser, and
    thunderbird is the best mail and news client.

    gideon
    Gideon Stargrave, Oct 18, 2004
  6. lucy

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Gideon Stargrave <> wrote in news:zrVcd.105635
    $:

    > Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    >> Gideon Stargrave <> wrote in

    >>>Download Thunderbird, from Mozilla....its awesome!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.mozilla.org/
    >>>
    >>>Oh yeah go ahead and download firefox while you are at it, the best web
    >>>browser yet, safest too!

    >> Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

    > isn't it implied when someone asks a question in an ng like this that
    > they are going to get opinions as answers, and arent all opinions
    > subjective.

    The OP asked how to fix her problem with Outlook Express. You tell her to
    get Mozilla?!

    That's like saying I'm having problems with the power windows on my car and
    you say I should get a new car. Not very helpful.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 18, 2004
  7. Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    > Gideon Stargrave <> wrote in news:zrVcd.105635
    > $:
    >

    >>Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    >>
    >>>Gideon Stargrave <> wrote in

    >>>Bullocks. Links is safer and faster. Best is highly subjective.

    >>isn't it implied when someone asks a question in an ng like this that
    >>they are going to get opinions as answers, and arent all opinions
    >>subjective.

    > The OP asked how to fix her problem with Outlook Express. You tell her to
    > get Mozilla?!
    >
    > That's like saying I'm having problems with the power windows on my car and
    > you say I should get a new car. Not very helpful.
    >

    >>I am sorry, lucy, IN MY OPINION, firefox is the best browser, and
    >>thunderbird is the best mail and news client.

    but, i honestly believe the only way to fix outlook, and outlook
    express, is to replace it with something more reliable. I truly do not
    see the harm in that, and i truly believe that guiding anyone having
    problems with microsoft products in the direction of reliable, safe, and
    secure options is important. i have seen many less helpful posts in this
    ng, i posted something i thought helpful, i truly believe your issues
    with my post were petty, and yet i apologized, and bent to your
    statement, i don't understand why i have to continue this.

    gideon.
    Gideon Stargrave, Oct 18, 2004
  8. lucy

    Charlie G Guest

    Charlie G, Oct 18, 2004
  9. lucy

    Charlie G Guest

    Hi Lucy, I can understand your frustration in not getting an answer, but I'll try to help...

    In the window that has your list of emails, select one, double-click on the email selected and it will open in a separate window. The new window can be sized by clicking the bottom right corner and dragging to enlarge, OR you can click the middle box in the upper right corner for a full page. When you finish reading the note, just click the "X" in the upper right corner, your note will close and take you back to your list of emails.

    HTH

    --
    Charlie G .... in Memphis Town!

    Charlie G, Oct 19, 2004
  10. lucy

    Liz Guest

    I never heard of this problem. Try the MS newsgroups

    Liz, Oct 19, 2004
  11. lucy

    ProfFrank Guest

    Lucy,

    Check to see if your Outlook Express is running in a sized-down window. If
    it is, and if the window has been moved down on the screen so that the
    bottom of the window goes off the desktop, that may explain your problem.

    I know that sounds too simple, and I hope it doesn't insult you for me to
    suggest that you might have not noticed that you didn't have the status bar
    down there, but sometimes I find myself not noticing simple things.

    Robert

    ProfFrank, Oct 19, 2004
  12. Hi Lucy,
    So far I believe Charlie G's method would probably serve you best but just
    to expand on it abit, with regards to the preview pane, I would recommend
    you remove the preview pane from Outlook Express because when you use it,
    it's the same as opening an email. I realize that is what you want but it
    can be very dangerous. If you recieve an e-mail with a virus simply
    clicking on that e-mail would infect your computer. For safer viewing of
    your e-mails I would recommend the following steps.

    Click on your inbox > click view > click layout > remove the checkmark from
    the preview pane option > click apply then ok.

    You may also want to install a virus scanner and spyware scanner (also no
    need to waste money on the scanners). You can get free virus and spyware
    scanners from www.download.com .

    A good free virus scanner is AVG, a good spyware scanner is Adaware SE
    Personal Edition. Both absolutely free and include free updates.

    If you choose to follow my recommendations then simply follow Charlie G's
    steps below to read your e-mail.

    I hope this has been helpful
    HelpDesk Kurt

    Kurt McGregor, Oct 19, 2004
  13. lucy

    ProfGene Guest

    You know you can double click on the email and see the whole message.
    "Charlie G" <> wrote in message

    ProfGene, Oct 19, 2004
  14. lucy

    lucy Guest

    Kurt,
    Thank you SO much. I had no idea I was putting my system at risk the other
    way. I fixed it so I can no longer preview. Thank you a million.
    ProfFrank: Please don't feel what you suggested offended me, of course it
    hasn't. However, that wasn't the problem. Thank you anyway, and please don't
    be afraid to suggest what seems obvious, as sometimes that is a problem, esp
    for computer clueless gals such as me.
    Thanks again Kurt.
    lucy

    lucy, Oct 20, 2004