    Dragon Guest

    Alba 129 or pacific 1001

    Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

    Dragon, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Dragon

    Impmon Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:kooIb.47$...
    > Alba 129 or pacific 1001
    >
    > Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

    Did you try searching via Google?

    Some DVD players just can't be modified short of opening the case up and
    installing a custom chip.

    Impmon, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Dragon

    Michael Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > > Alba 129 or pacific 1001
    > >
    > > Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

    > Did you try searching via Google?
    >
    > Some DVD players just can't be modified short of opening the case up and
    > installing a custom chip.

    Got this from www.dvdreviewer.co.uk in the forums, so not sure if it will
    work:

    Please find below the multi region code for the ALBA DVD129.
    This hack is the same as the code for the CROWN cdv1100B
    Follow the procedures to change region code for Mediatek Single Chip
    DVD
    players:
    a) Press SETUP button on the remote control to display the setup
    screen
    b) Press "1369<<<>" on the remote control ( "<" = left navigation
    button; ">" = right navigation button)
    c) A new item "VERSION" is added on the menu
    d) Select thr VERSION item and press SELECT button to enter
    e) Press the right navigation button ">" on the remote control to
    change the region code
    f) Press SETUP button again to exit the region code change mode
    Note: Region code 0 is "all region code".
    e) Power down via standbye and switch off by mains
    g) switch back ON and watch all ....

    Regards,

    MR

    Michael, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Gordon Lindsay, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Guest

    , Jan 9, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Yes I can

    firstly never go to any where to pay for your unlocking as most of the net
    if you type in the model of your dvd player you will get a hack for free
    here for instance is a great place for region hacks for dvds

    www.dvdrhelp.com/

    Right now about the region thing

    Each country have there own region for dvds which means if you lived in say
    the United Kingdom (region2) you couldn't play a USA (region 1) disk in your
    player unless it has been made region free. Which of course can be done
    quiet easily nowadays from the remote on you dvd player hence the above site
    gives you hacks and tells you how to do it.

    the world is setup up into 6 region I think it is

    Region 1 USA Canada and that region
    Region 2 Europe France United Kingdom Japan
    Region 3 South east Asia
    Region 4 Australia and south America
    Region 5 Africa Russia and the rest of Asia
    Region 6 China

    I think that's right hope this helps

    3

    Dragon, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:34:01 -0000, "Dragon" <>
    wrote:

    >Yes I can
    >
    >firstly never go to any where to pay for your unlocking as most of the net
    >if you type in the model of your dvd player you will get a hack for free
    >here for instance is a great place for region hacks for dvds
    >
    >www.dvdrhelp.com/
    >

    >Right now about the region thing
    >
    >Each country have there own region for dvds which means if you lived in say
    >the United Kingdom (region2) you couldn't play a USA (region 1) disk in your
    >player unless it has been made region free. Which of course can be done
    >quiet easily nowadays from the remote on you dvd player hence the above site
    >gives you hacks and tells you how to do it.
    >
    >the world is setup up into 6 region I think it is
    >
    >Region 1 USA Canada and that region
    >Region 2 Europe France United Kingdom Japan
    >Region 3 South east Asia
    >Region 4 Australia and south America
    >Region 5 Africa Russia and the rest of Asia
    >Region 6 China
    >
    >I think that's right hope this helps
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:40:38 -0000, "Gordon Lindsay"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Want to unlock your DVD player and make it region free?
    >> >
    >> >Go here

    >>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=337541547

    >3
    >> >

    >> Can someone explain this "region" thing, please....
    >> I have never understood what this was about, what does it do, and why.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Yes, that helps. Thank you

    THe only thing I still dont understand is what happens, and why they
    do it. For example, I play a USA Dvd in a foreign country (say in
    region 2), what happens? Does it just not play, does it harm my
    player, am I asked to pay something, or is it just in their language
    is different, or what?

    And, what is the reason for doing this? Is it just based on language,
    or the local commercials, or are they just trying to make more money?

    Thanks again.

    , Jan 10, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Jer Guest

    wrote:

    > Yes, that helps. Thank you
    >
    > THe only thing I still dont understand is what happens, and why they
    > do it. For example, I play a USA Dvd in a foreign country (say in
    > region 2), what happens? Does it just not play, does it harm my
    > player, am I asked to pay something, or is it just in their language
    > is different, or what?
    >
    > And, what is the reason for doing this? Is it just based on language,
    > or the local commercials, or are they just trying to make more money?
    >
    > Thanks again.

    Here's one web reference for your perusal....

    http://zonefreedvd.com/codefreedvd/regionaldvdmap.html

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten' ICQ = 35253273
    "All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of

    Jer, Jan 10, 2004