Still more flack over the Gate's-gate affair

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jul 30, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/30/gates.arrest.recap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

    Apparently the news media is still trying to make a mountain out of a
    mole hill with this story.
    Check out the photo. Obviously photochopped.

    If anyone should know Mass. law, that should be the good white Sgt
    Crowley. As reported, the man had taught "profiling" in the police
    department for years. So why did this highly experienced, educated man
    cause such a ruckus?

    Mass. law does not define "disorderly conduct" in this situation.
    Rather, it excludes this precise situation clearly. The law, in
    keeping with the 1st amendment, "freedom of speech", states that a
    person who is in his own home being questioned by an officer, has the
    legal right to raise his voice and object to anything, in practically
    any manner he so chooses. Sgt Crowley, stepping outside, seeing that a
    crowd had gathered, and Mr. Gates, perhaps still furious, decides that
    the law has been satisfied and cites Mr. Gates.

    Sgt Crowley reportedly once saved the life of a black man. He was
    appointed to his teaching job by a black man. So the incident was not
    necessarily one of racism. Rather, the issue is over the improper use
    of the law itself.

    Why is it a racial affair at all? Because of the prominence of the man
    involved. Had Mr. Gates just been an average joe, no one would have
    even heard of the situation. Had Mr. Gates been white, and a citation
    issued, no one would know of it. What if Sgt Crowley had been black
    and issued the citation? Not a peep from nobody.

    Why the flack? Because it sells newspapers. Just like when Nancy Grace
    picks up on a heart pounding story and runs with it for days, and
    weeks. Why that story? When a hundred others just like it are
    unfolding are all over the country.

    Then Obama opens his yap about the affair, states his opinion, then
    backs down from it. But then decides to invite the pair to the white
    house and have a little beer together. Like that's gonna change what
    happened?

    Then what about what started this whole thing? A woman walking by a
    house in what she believed to be an all white neighborhood, sees two
    black guys trying to get into a house. She sees another woman and asks
    her if she has a cell phone and could she call the cops? Oh sure I can
    do that. Explaining to the 911 people that she wasn't sure it was a
    break in and never once mentioned it was two black guys.

    It seems to me that the only practice of racial profiling, or even
    racism here, is being done by the press. As the press is mainly
    controlled by corporate white americans, they want to instigate scenes
    like this purely to sell the media.

    Like with Rodney King. Without the meddling of the news media, there
    would have been no rioting over the affair. You think about that one.
    Why is it that a news helicopter just happened to be filming over the
    precise area where it started the moment it did? My belief is that the
    news media had intended for a scene to be played out which got out of
    hand.
    richard, Jul 30, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:45:13 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Check out the photo. Obviously photochopped.

    Umm.. Yeah. Your point?
    Evan Platt, Jul 30, 2009

  3. richard

    Respondant Guest

    richard wrote:

    <snips all over>

    > Apparently the news media is still trying to make a mountain out of a
    > mole hill with this story.
    >
    > If anyone should know Mass. law,

    It wouldn't be YOU.

    I really, *REALLY* wish stupidity was fatal.

    If so, you and CHUCK (XP won't set a restore point unless/until you reboot)
    CAR would make 2-down, and roughly 3 billion to go.

    Hey? Ya gotta start somewhere.

    Bill
    Respondant, Jul 30, 2009
  4. richard wrote:

    > I did the actual Mass law Gates was charged under, asshole.

    You did the actual Mass law. How do you "do a law?"

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 30, 2009
  5. richard

    Respondant Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    >> I did the actual Mass law Gates was charged under, asshole.

    > You did the actual Mass law. How do you "do a law?"

    This should be good.

    Or not.

    Most likely, RtS will drop this thread.

    But fret not. He'll be back soon enough spewing even more retardedness.

    You've been warn-de-ded

    Bill
    Respondant, Jul 30, 2009
  6. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> I did the actual Mass law Gates was charged under, asshole.

    >> You did the actual Mass law. How do you "do a law?"

    > like that one huh?

    No. Your grammar sucks.

    I think you _meant_ you were *busted* for the same law as Gates.

    > Just seein if anyone was actually reading it.

    Yeah, riiiight.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2009
  7. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:14:14 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >like that one huh? Just seein if anyone was actually reading it.

    Yes. Some people do read your blabbering gibberish.

    It's good if anyone needs a laugh.
    Evan Platt, Jul 31, 2009
  8. richard

    wrote:

    >like that one huh? Just seein if anyone was actually reading it.

    Backpedal chucktard, backpedal.
    Evan Platt, Aug 2, 2009