    I use XP Pro.

    Sorry to repeat my problem.

    Rajinder

    Rajinder Nijjhar, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Peaches Guest

    "Rajinder Nijjhar" <> wrote in message
    news:usGUf.14065$H%...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can't understand why I can't get my Outlook Express in the Email box of
    > programme? In my email box is Microsoft Outlook only. Can't get the
    > choice for Outlook Express as well.
    >
    > So, when I send emails using Outlook Express, replied do not come back to
    > Outlook Express accounts. I don't where they go.
    >
    > I use XP Pro.
    >
    > Sorry to repeat my problem.
    >
    > Rajinder

    You have your settings wrong in OE,
    It's a configuration issue.
    Visit your ISP/email provider site,
    and check the FAQ for pop3 and SMTP.
    (These are servers for in/out email -
    Note: AOL is not only Uncool, but not
    compatible with OE)
    Also, in OE, click on tools/Accounts and
    ensure you have placed ticks in apt boxes.

    Peaches, Mar 24, 2006

  3. Here is more information:-

    I bought a new computer Medion with XP home already there and I put XP Pro
    on top. My PC had XP Home + Microsoft Suite 2006 but it would not open the
    Excel files.

    So, I had Microsoft Office 2000 CD-Rom and I uploaded that programme as
    well. This changed my email to Microsoft Outlook. But I wanted Outlook
    Express. So I downloaded Internet Explorer and there was the Outlook
    Express v.6 or the latest.

    Now, if I go to the Control Panel and the Internet connections and then to
    programmes; that is what I am getting:-

    HMTL editor: I have three choices:-

    Microsoft Word for Windows (chosen), Notepad, Microsoft Excel for Windows

    E-Mail: Microsoft outlook only and chosen; I should have Outlook Express
    choice as well. That is what causing problems. I open Outlook Express,
    Tools, option and General and make my choice to make it default and apply
    but nothing +ive happens. It goes back to the old asking me to make the
    choice again because there is no choice in the Programmes.

    Newsgroups: Two choices; Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express; I have chosen
    Outlook Express..

    Internet call: Netmeeting only there. No other choice.

    Calendar: Microsoft Outlook (chosen) only.

    Contact List: Microsoft Outlook (chosen) and Address Book that could be my
    Fax address list. It is Microsoft Outlook chosen.

    I hope that gives you a good picture please. I can give you a tel call for
    more information and help. My tel is 0118 962 3200.

    Rajinder

    Rajinder Nijjhar, Mar 24, 2006
  4. "Peaches" <> wrote in message

    > "Rajinder Nijjhar" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I can't understand why I can't get my Outlook Express in the Email box of
    >> programme? In my email box is Microsoft Outlook only. Can't get the
    >> choice for Outlook Express as well.
    >>
    >> So, when I send emails using Outlook Express, replied do not come back to
    >> Outlook Express accounts. I don't where they go.
    >>
    >> I use XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Sorry to repeat my problem.
    >>
    >> Rajinder
    >>

    > You have your settings wrong in OE,
    > It's a configuration issue.
    > Visit your ISP/email provider site,
    > and check the FAQ for pop3 and SMTP.
    > (These are servers for in/out email -
    > Note: AOL is not only Uncool, but not
    > compatible with OE)
    > Also, in OE, click on tools/Accounts and
    > ensure you have placed ticks in apt boxes.

    What are the apt boxes and where you find them? I went to tools and
    accounts but no apt boxes.

    Rajinder

    Rajinder Nijjhar, Mar 24, 2006
  5. Rajinder Nijjhar wrote:
    > "Peaches" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Rajinder Nijjhar" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I can't understand why I can't get my Outlook Express in the Email box of
    >>>programme? In my email box is Microsoft Outlook only. Can't get the
    >>>choice for Outlook Express as well.
    >>>
    >>>So, when I send emails using Outlook Express, replied do not come back to
    >>>Outlook Express accounts. I don't where they go.
    >>>
    >>>I use XP Pro.
    >>>
    >>>Sorry to repeat my problem.
    >>>
    >>>Rajinder
    >>>

    >>You have your settings wrong in OE,
    >>It's a configuration issue.
    >>Visit your ISP/email provider site,
    >>and check the FAQ for pop3 and SMTP.
    >>(These are servers for in/out email -
    >>Note: AOL is not only Uncool, but not
    >>compatible with OE)
    >>Also, in OE, click on tools/Accounts and
    >>ensure you have placed ticks in apt boxes.

    > What are the apt boxes and where you find them? I went to tools and
    > accounts but no apt boxes.
    >
    > Rajinder

    I think that apt is likely to be an abbreviation for appropriate.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 24, 2006
  6. Rajinder Nijjhar

    InfoFool Guest

    > Here is more information:-
    >
    > I bought a new computer Medion with XP home already there and I put XP Pro
    > on top. My PC had XP Home + Microsoft Suite 2006 but it would not open
    > the Excel files.
    >
    > So, I had Microsoft Office 2000 CD-Rom and I uploaded that programme as
    > well. This changed my email to Microsoft Outlook. But I wanted Outlook
    > Express. So I downloaded Internet Explorer and there was the Outlook
    > Express v.6 or the latest.
    >
    > Now, if I go to the Control Panel and the Internet connections and then to
    > programmes; that is what I am getting:-
    >
    > HMTL editor: I have three choices:-
    >
    > Microsoft Word for Windows (chosen), Notepad, Microsoft Excel for Windows
    >
    > E-Mail: Microsoft outlook only and chosen; I should have Outlook Express
    > choice as well. That is what causing problems. I open Outlook Express,
    > Tools, option and General and make my choice to make it default and apply
    > but nothing +ive happens. It goes back to the old asking me to make the
    > choice again because there is no choice in the Programmes.
    >
    > Newsgroups: Two choices; Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express; I have
    > chosen Outlook Express..
    >
    > Internet call: Netmeeting only there. No other choice.
    >
    > Calendar: Microsoft Outlook (chosen) only.
    >
    > Contact List: Microsoft Outlook (chosen) and Address Book that could be
    > my Fax address list. It is Microsoft Outlook chosen.
    >
    > I hope that gives you a good picture please. I can give you a tel call
    > for more information and help. My tel is 0118 962 3200.
    >
    > Rajinder
    >
    > "Rajinder Nijjhar" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I can't understand why I can't get my Outlook Express in the Email box of
    >> programme? In my email box is Microsoft Outlook only. Can't get the
    >> choice for Outlook Express as well.
    >>
    >> So, when I send emails using Outlook Express, replied do not come back to
    >> Outlook Express accounts. I don't where they go.
    >>
    >> I use XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Sorry to repeat my problem.
    >>
    >> Rajinder

    Raj, you've never quite grasped email via a client have you?
    This goes back six years?
    http://tinyurl.com/mvdnb

    You're really Jeremy Beadle? Or Esther Rantzen?

    InfoFool, Mar 24, 2006