    installer, I have checked my OS version, I have insured that the installer is
    in auto and started in services, but it still says that the Installer cannot
    be accessed.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Has this problem been happening all along, from the day you installed the
    OS? If not, have you tried doing system restore to a point before the
    problem started occurring, which programs are you encountering this issue
    with? Have you clean out your temporary files directory and tried
    installing, probably some conflict there.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005

  3. Thanks for the quick reply, Andre.

    No, the problem was first noticed a few weeks ago when I tried to uninstall
    Tiny PF after the trial period had expired. I forgot to mention it, but I
    cannot restore to any of the older restore points - thanks for the reminder
    on that. Clearing out the temp folder doesn't help.

    I have been able to uninstall BOClean, and was able to install the update
    with no problem. I was able to install FF 1.5 with no problem. But I can't
    uninstall TPF, I can't install Win adware updates, and there are a couple of
    older 32 bit proggies that I also cannot install. The Win Installer update
    apparently worked - I didn't receive any error messages, and it said that it
    updated satisfactorily.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Dec 3, 2005
  4. In the case of removing Tiny PF, I would reboot into Safe Mode and attempt
    removal.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005
  5. "Error 1719. The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" error
    message when you try to add or remove a program
    Just found this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q315346

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005
  6. Thanks again, Andre.

    I had tried safe mode before without success. I tried it again to be sure.

    I have two msiexec.exe files, one of 162 KB in C:\windows\system32, and one
    of 77KB in C:\windows\SysWOW64. I found the registry key listed, and it was
    correct for system32. I did not find a similar key for the second instance,
    but am not sure my search string is correct for the second instance, as it
    may be different. I did look through nearby keys without finding anything.
    I have not tried method two, as x64 isn't listed in the instructions, and,
    with two instances of msi exec, I don't want to "experiment".

    Of course TPF is a 64 bit proggie, but I have also had problems with 32 bit
    proggies.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Dec 4, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you tried to reinstall the program and then uninstall it.

    John Barnes, Dec 4, 2005
  8. "John Barnes" wrote:

    > Have you tried to reinstall the program and then uninstall it.

    Since it is an expired trial, it won't let me reinstall. I have been trying
    to get a response form Tiny Software for a couple of weeks, now - to no
    avail. Ironically, I was probably going to purchase it. But I wanted to
    delete it first to try some other things. Their lack of response on this
    problem has soured me on the company.

    Although I'm not afraid of using regedit, I prefer something like regcleaner
    for the efficiency. It can find things that I would not think to look for on
    my own. Is there something for x64 that is decent?

    Also, I presume that you don't have any further info about the two instances
    of msiexec?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Dec 4, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry, I don't. When I had a problem with an install of an upgrade to .net
    in XP, I went thru the techs to resolve. It involved many steps due to a
    msi object problem which required numerous steps including some registry
    alterations (right click on a key and see and change authorizations, change
    other parameters, etc) and some key data alterations and some deletions to
    get the msi properly oriented. Don't guess that Tinyfirewall will be that
    cooperative to someone who is trying to uninstall it, since if you buy it
    you will be able to install over.

    John Barnes, Dec 4, 2005
  10. Regedit and Regcleaner are not even the same kind of thing. Regcleaner is
    useless for the kind of problem you are dealing with. It's not like the
    registry entries you need to deal with are malformed or invalid.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 4, 2005
  11. How do you know that the entries I need to deal with are not malformed or
    invalid? That is exactly the point of the link that Andre sent me to.
    Please enlighten me. Do you know what the registry key is for the second
    instance of msiexec, or can you provide x64 specific instructions to delete
    and restore the Installer? Thanks in advance!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Dec 4, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

    John Barnes Guest

    They can be made invalid easily by deleting the program folder manually from
    Program Files or (86) whichever is appropriate.

    John Barnes, Dec 4, 2005