    machine, it will work.

    Does anyone have a clue of why this is happening?

    All other programs here seem to run flawlessly.
    TMA, Jul 29, 2009

  2. I would tend to think it may indicate some compatibility problem. You
    have posted this same problem more than once and I have responded more
    than once that I am running VMware-workstation-6.5.1-126130 on Win 7 x64
    without incident for some time now.

    Why don't you download the newer version and try it?

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 29, 2009

  3. P.S.

    You must "Run as administrator" to install it

    and

    You must "Run as administrator" also.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 29, 2009
  4. TMA

    TMA Guest

    Hi Bobby,

    Yes, I have posted more than once and you have answered more than once and I
    have re-installed it a looooooooot more than just once. And it still doesn't
    work. That's the second download of a different version of this app and
    still no luck.

    I've tried the "Run As Administrator" trick for both the installer and the
    app itself. No go.

    I posted again to see if there's anyone having the same problems so we could
    share some experiences.

    Thanks for your attention.
    TMA, Jul 30, 2009
  5. So, are you saying that VMware-workstation-6.5.1-126130 won't work for
    you either?

    If that's the case, then perhaps you should see what you can find in
    your system that is causing problems. Even in the Technet Windows 7
    forum there are several comments about running VMware on Win 7 because
    of the flaky feature support in VPC 2007 and Win XP VPC for Win 7.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 30, 2009
  6. TMA

    TMA Guest

    I'm really not sure what could be causing this problem. I have recently
    upgraded my mother board and video card, as well as installing Windows 7
    itself.
    In the past few weeks, I have fresh-installed win7 quite a bunch of times,
    but I've never tried to install VMWare before anything else. I mean, it
    could be one of the other drivers/applications, but it could also be my BIOS
    settings because this processor that I have doesn't have VT (I heard it is
    required for VMWare).

    TMA, Jul 31, 2009
  7. According to the System Requirement for VMware Workstation VT is only
    required if want to install 64-bit guests.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 31, 2009
  8. TMA

    TMA Guest

    For those who might concern .... I found the solution
    It resides on a program FixCamera.exe that has to be shut down before
    lauching VMWare and/or Virtual PC.
    After killing this process, which seems to be related to my webcam, VMWare
    and Virtual PC will run flawlessly.

    TMA, Aug 20, 2009
  9. TMA

    devsanghani

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks a mil! Started working.
    devsanghani, Aug 20, 2009
  10. TMA

    martulka669

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    TMA you are my god ! it works for me ! thanks. i would never find out myself that this program cause that. this cheap webcam sucks
    martulka669, Nov 10, 2010