    of this has worked. It's like everything is locked into place. The
    only thing I can do is rearrange them within the folder they're in or on
    the desktop. Please help me. Thank you so much.

    BH, Oct 23, 2004

  2. BH

    Thagor Guest

    BH <> wrote in news:VBhed.16244$OO2.2896
    @newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

    > I asked this recently, but I still haven't figured out the problem. I
    > try to move files into new folders, but they always return to where they
    > came from. I've tried all the normal troubleshooting help I've found
    > (left click, right click, pressing shift while dragging, etc), but none
    > of this has worked. It's like everything is locked into place. The
    > only thing I can do is rearrange them within the folder they're in or on
    > the desktop. Please help me. Thank you so much.

    Are you on a real computer with real software or is this some sort of
    training device?

    You won't get much help unless you include vital information in your
    request.

    Thagor, Oct 23, 2004

  3. BH

    Fred Guest

    Thagor dribbled:

    > Are you on a real computer with real software or is this some sort of
    > training device?

    Everyone should use unix.

    > You won't get much help unless you include vital information in your
    > request.

    Well, people say I'm a true natural beauty, both inside and out. Exquisite
    27 year old lady, 5’7 with a remarkable figure of 34B bust, 25-inch waist
    and 33-inch hips. Very attractive, bubbly professional, with smiles and
    tenderness in abundance, perfect company for any situation, with unique
    honesty, impeccable beauty and class. Does that help?

    Fred, Oct 23, 2004
  4. BH

    Thagor Guest

    Fred <~@~.com> wrote in

    > Thagor dribbled:
    >
    >> Are you on a real computer with real software or is this some sort of
    >> training device?

    > Everyone should use unix.
    >
    >> You won't get much help unless you include vital information in your
    >> request.

    > Well, people say I'm a true natural beauty, both inside and out.
    > Exquisite 27 year old lady, 5’7 with a remarkable figure of 34B bust,
    > 25-inch waist and 33-inch hips. Very attractive, bubbly professional,
    > with smiles and tenderness in abundance, perfect company for any
    > situation, with unique honesty, impeccable beauty and class. Does that
    > help?

    IMHO you should be very happy that nothing has dropped! :)

    In any case, your hardware sounds fine. Perhaps you should try some
    partitioning.

    Thagor, Oct 23, 2004
  5. BH

    Fred Guest

    Thagor scrawled:

    > IMHO you should be very happy that nothing has dropped!

    Do you find yourself agreeing with the opinions of people even when you
    really think they are ridiculous?

    > Perhaps you should try some partitioning.

    You don't sound too sure.

    Fred, Oct 23, 2004
  6. BH

    BH Guest

    Windows 98 on a Compaq. Not sure what else is vital...Not a computer
    whiz at all.

    BH, Oct 23, 2004
  7. BH

    Jerry G. Guest

    Do you have the Auto Arrange in these folders turned on???

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Oct 23, 2004
  8. BH

    BH Guest

    I tried it with auto arrange on and off, but neither worked. I used a
    friend's computer and noticed that when I move things around their
    computer, a + sign appeared before I would drop the item. That's what
    used to happen on mine, but now there's no sign....not even a crossed
    out circle, like what happens when you try to move something where it
    cannot be moved. I'm absolutely stumped. Could this be some sort of
    virus? Seems improbable, but I'm at a loss.

    BH, Oct 23, 2004
  9. BH

    Fred Guest

    BH wrote:

    > I tried it with auto arrange on and off, but neither worked.

    Try again.

    > I used a friend's computer and noticed that when I move things around
    > their computer, a + sign appeared before I would drop the item.

    Computers should rule the world.

    > That's what out circle, like what happens when you try to move
    > something where it cannot be moved.

    There is only one kind.

    > I'm absolutely stumped.

    Said the man with the wooden leg.

    > Seems improbable, but I'm at a loss.

    I am sometimes at a loss too.

    Fred, Oct 23, 2004
  10. BH

    Thagor Guest

    BH <> wrote in news:%8ned.16296$%v3.11816
    @newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

    > I tried it with auto arrange on and off, but neither worked. I used a
    > friend's computer and noticed that when I move things around their
    > computer, a + sign appeared before I would drop the item. That's what
    > used to happen on mine, but now there's no sign....not even a crossed
    > out circle, like what happens when you try to move something where it
    > cannot be moved. I'm absolutely stumped. Could this be some sort of
    > virus? Seems improbable, but I'm at a loss.
    >
    > Jerry G. wrote:
    >
    >>Do you have the Auto Arrange in these folders turned on???

    I've seen this once before. It was a totally trashed registry that was
    causing the unfavorable actions. Have you tried to edit your registry or
    ran a program that changes the registry file?

    You can restore the registry by restarting your computer in MS DOS
    mode and keying
    scanreg.exe /restore
    and press ENTER.
    This did not work in my case and I wound up formating and reinstalling
    everything but maybe you will have better luck.

    Thagor, Oct 25, 2004
  11. BH

    Thor Guest

    "Thagor" <> wrote in message
    > BH <> wrote in news:%8ned.16296$%v3.11816
    > @newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:
    >
    >> I tried it with auto arrange on and off, but neither worked. I used a
    >> friend's computer and noticed that when I move things around their
    >> computer, a + sign appeared before I would drop the item. That's what
    >> used to happen on mine, but now there's no sign....not even a crossed
    >> out circle, like what happens when you try to move something where it
    >> cannot be moved. I'm absolutely stumped. Could this be some sort of
    >> virus? Seems improbable, but I'm at a loss.
    >>
    >> Jerry G. wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do you have the Auto Arrange in these folders turned on???
    >>>

    > I've seen this once before. It was a totally trashed registry that was
    > causing the unfavorable actions. Have you tried to edit your registry or
    > ran a program that changes the registry file?
    >
    > You can restore the registry by restarting your computer in MS DOS
    > mode and keying
    > scanreg.exe /restore
    > and press ENTER.
    > This did not work in my case and I wound up formating and reinstalling
    > everything but maybe you will have better luck.

    and if scanreg /restore restore fails for some reason (which sometimes it
    does), "scanreg /fix" will often work instead.

    Thor, Oct 25, 2004