    should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
    because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.

    OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).
    MayB, Dec 13, 2003

  2. MayB

    Miggsee Guest

    Try turning off pop-up buster.

    Miggsee, Dec 13, 2003

  3. MayB

    MayB Guest

    Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"

    MayB, Dec 13, 2003
  4. MayB

    MayB Guest

    > Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your attention
    > again!
    >
    > (OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet

    > links that are
    > quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
    > please?"
    >
    > Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem. I
    > should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
    > because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.
    >
    > OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

    My work-around is to copy the link to WordPad and then paste into
    Google --- not very convenient!
    MayB, Dec 13, 2003
  5. MayB wrote:

    >Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"

    To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which is it?
    Running, or not running?
    Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a URL
    message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will allow
    the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not running).

    Bill Schnakenberg, Dec 13, 2003
  6. MayB

    Miggsee Guest

    "Bill Schnakenberg" <> wrote in message
    > MayB wrote:
    >
    > >Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"
    > >

    > To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which is it?
    > Running, or not running?
    > Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a URL
    > message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will allow
    > the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not running).

    That's the way I read it too. Hard to know what's been actually offered as a
    solution when new threads are started.

    Miggsee, Dec 13, 2003
  7. MayB

    MayB Guest

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill Schnakenberg" <> wrote in message
    > > MayB wrote:
    > >
    > > >Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"
    > > >

    > > To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which

    is it?
    > > Running, or not running?
    > > Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a

    URL
    > > message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will

    allow
    > > the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not

    running).

    > That's the way I read it too. Hard to know what's been actually

    offered as a
    > solution when new threads are started.
    >
    >(snip)

    Sorry about the misunderstanding, folks. Good communication has
    always been one of my many faults. Pop-up Buster has two operating
    modes: l. Closed, when no passage is allowed, and 2. Open, when no
    passage is denied.

    Now, moving right along, can you help me with my problem? Thanks,
    much.
    MayB, Dec 13, 2003
  8. MayB wrote:

    > "MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your attention
    >> again!

    >> (OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet

    >> links that are
    >> quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
    >> please?"

    >> Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem. I
    >> should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
    >> because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.

    >> OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

    > My work-around is to copy the link to WordPad and then paste into
    > Google --- not very convenient!
    > ..

    Y'know, if you used Opera or Mozilla, which have native popup control,
    you wouldn't need the glue-on PuB. Besides their other advantages...

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
    [still no new sig]
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 13, 2003
  9. MayB

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:09:56 GMT, in
    <EJHCb.513$>
    MayB scrawled:

    >"Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bill Schnakenberg" <> wrote in message

    >> > To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which

    >is it?
    >> > Running, or not running?
    >> > Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a

    >URL
    >> > message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will

    >allow
    >> > the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not

    >running).
    >>
    >> That's the way I read it too. Hard to know what's been actually

    >offered as a
    >> solution when new threads are started.
    >>
    >>(snip)

    >Sorry about the misunderstanding, folks. Good communication has
    >always been one of my many faults. Pop-up Buster has two operating
    >modes: l. Closed, when no passage is allowed, and 2. Open, when no
    >passage is denied.
    >
    >Now, moving right along, can you help me with my problem? Thanks,
    >much.

    Never mind the two operating modes, close the application
    down, and see if there's a difference.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 13, 2003
  10. Blinky the Shark <> writes:

    > Y'know, if you used Opera or Mozilla, which have native popup control,
    > you wouldn't need the glue-on PuB.

    And, given the number of gecko-based browsers available now, in both
    Windows and Linux, the options for having built-in popp
    stopping are many.

    --
    Registered Linux User 297164
    GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3