    one.

    What's up with that??

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 26, 2009

  2. ChrisCoaster

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jul 26, 11:15 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
    > P.I.T.A.!!!!!
    >
    > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > keeps resolving the current page?
    >
    > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > one.
    >
    > What's up with that??
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    Try Mozilla Firefox. :)

    sandy58, Jul 27, 2009

  3. "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message
    > P.I.T.A.!!!!!
    >
    > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > keeps resolving the current page?
    >
    > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > one.
    >
    > What's up with that??
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    That comes from the Website, not the browser.

    If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8 with Tabbed Browsing enabled, you
    can simply close the current Tab to return to the page that invoked the tab
    you just closed.

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 27, 2009
  4. ChrisCoaster

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Jul 26, 5:15 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
    > P.I.T.A.!!!!!
    >
    > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > keeps resolving the current page?
    >
    > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > one.
    >
    > What's up with that??
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    +1 Firefox here get the same thing close the tab not the whole browser

    gnu / linux, Jul 28, 2009
  5. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Jul 27, 9:15 pm, "gnu / linux" <> wrote:
    > On Jul 26, 5:15 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
    >
    > > P.I.T.A.!!!!!

    > > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > > keeps resolving the current page?

    > > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > > one.

    > > What's up with that??

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > +1 Firefox here get the same thing close the tab not the whole browser

    _____________________
    Tabs have always been closed on any IE I've ever used - I find them
    unnecessary clutter.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jul 31, 2009
  6. "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message
    On Jul 27, 9:15 pm, "gnu / linux" <> wrote:
    > On Jul 26, 5:15 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:
    >
    > > P.I.T.A.!!!!!

    > > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > > keeps resolving the current page?

    > > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > > one.

    > > What's up with that??

    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > +1 Firefox here get the same thing close the tab not the whole browser

    _____________________
    Tabs have always been closed on any IE I've ever used - I find them
    unnecessary clutter.

    ============
    Tabs, like Brussel Srprouts, are an acquired taste.

    I did not like tabs either, and was utterly unimpressed with FireFox when it
    came out with the early implementation of Tabbed Browsing. I resisted IE7,
    but finally relented and loaded IE8, and I have found that I can set several
    Home Pages that all open in their own tab, and I can easily click from tab
    to tab to change my place. I can reset all tabs at once the the respective
    Home Page, or select which tab to set to Home.

    Now that I've jumped onto the Tabbed Browser band wagon, I find that tabbed
    browsing is actually a good thing. I still don't like FireFox, but that's
    just me I suppose.

    ================

    Jeff Strickland, Aug 1, 2009
  7. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Jul 31, 7:05 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > On Jul 27, 9:15 pm, "gnu / linux" <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 26, 5:15 pm, ChrisCoaster <> wrote:

    > > > P.I.T.A.!!!!!

    > > > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > > > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > > > keeps resolving the current page?

    > > > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > > > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > > > one.

    > > > What's up with that??

    > > > -ChrisCoaster

    > > +1 Firefox here get the same thing close the tab not the whole browser

    > _____________________
    > Tabs have always been closed on any IE I've ever used - I find them
    > unnecessary clutter.
    >
    > ============
    > Tabs, like Brussel Srprouts, are an acquired taste.
    >
    > I did not like tabs either, and was utterly unimpressed with FireFox when it
    > came out with the early implementation of Tabbed Browsing. I resisted IE7,
    > but finally relented and loaded IE8, and I have found that I can set several
    > Home Pages that all open in their own tab, and I can easily click from tab
    > to tab to change my place. I can reset all tabs at once the the respective
    > Home Page, or select which tab to set to Home.
    >
    > Now that I've jumped onto the Tabbed Browser band wagon, I find that tabbed
    > browsing is actually a good thing. I still don't like FireFox, but that's
    > just me I suppose.

    ___________________
    Nice to know all that!

    Now let's get back to the issue here - webpates that when you "back"
    out of them they keep resolving. There doesn't seem to be much of a
    pattern to this, just that I never go back to sites that "stick". It
    happens at home and at work.

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Aug 1, 2009

    ___________________
    Nice to know all that!

    Now let's get back to the issue here - webpates that when you "back"
    out of them they keep resolving. There doesn't seem to be much of a
    pattern to this, just that I never go back to sites that "stick". It
    happens at home and at work.

    -ChrisCoaster

    ==============
    The Back button is driven by the current Website, not by the browser.
    Failure to progress backwards through Websites is caused by the current
    Website hijacking your browser history and redirecting you to the current
    page instead of the previous page (site).

    Not an issue of Tabbed Browsing.

    FireFox might have a bit of an immunity to this, I do not know one way or
    the other.

    In IE, one can close a tab without closing the browser, and one can set any
    given tab to Home while leaving the rest of the tabs on whatever page they
    happen to be on. One can create a whole new tab at the default Home page,
    and begine an entirely new experience.

    But if the current page is written to prevent Backing out of it, then the
    only way to escape is to close that tab. Again, FireFox might be immune to
    being hijacked in that manner.

    Jeff Strickland, Aug 1, 2009
  9. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Jul 31, 8:57 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > On Jul 31, 7:05 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    > > > +1 Firefox here get the same thing close the tab not the whole browser

    > > _____________________
    > > Tabs have always been closed on any IE I've ever used - I find them
    > > unnecessary clutter.

    > > ============
    > > Tabs, like Brussel Srprouts, are an acquired taste.

    > > I did not like tabs either, and was utterly unimpressed with FireFox when
    > > it
    > > came out with the early implementation of Tabbed Browsing. I resisted IE7,
    > > but finally relented and loaded IE8, and I have found that I can set
    > > several
    > > Home Pages that all open in their own tab, and I can easily click from tab
    > > to tab to change my place. I can reset all tabs at once the the respective
    > > Home Page, or select which tab to set to Home.

    > > Now that I've jumped onto the Tabbed Browser band wagon, I find that
    > > tabbed
    > > browsing is actually a good thing. I still don't like FireFox, but that's
    > > just me I suppose.

    > ___________________
    > Nice to know all that!
    >
    > Now let's get back to the issue here - webpates that when you "back"
    > out of them they keep resolving. There doesn't seem to be much of a
    > pattern to this, just that I never go back to sites that "stick".  It
    > happens at home and at work.
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster
    >
    > ==============
    > The Back button is driven by the current Website, not by the browser.
    > Failure to progress backwards through Websites is caused by the current
    > Website hijacking your browser history and redirecting you to the current
    > page instead of the previous page (site).
    >
    > Not an issue of Tabbed Browsing.
    >
    > FireFox might have a bit of an immunity to this, I do not know one way or
    > the other.
    >
    > In IE, one can close a tab without closing the browser, and one can set any
    > given tab to Home while leaving the rest of the tabs on whatever page they
    > happen to be on. One can create a whole new tab at the default Home page,
    > and begine an entirely new experience.
    >
    > But if the current page is written to prevent Backing out of it, then the
    > only way to escape is to close that tab. Again, FireFox might be immune to
    > being hijacked in that manner.- Hide quoted text -

    ______________
    Currently I have to close the whole browser when I encounter one of
    those pages. So with tabbing engaged, I could just close the tab
    associated with the stuck web page, and continue surfing on another
    tab?

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Aug 1, 2009
  10. "ChrisCoaster" <> wrote in message

    ______________
    Currently I have to close the whole browser when I encounter one of
    those pages. So with tabbing engaged, I could just close the tab
    associated with the stuck web page, and continue surfing on another
    tab?

    ==================
    Yes, that's exactly right.

    If you ONLY have one tab open, yoiu can open a second tab (simply click the
    next tab) and it will open your Home Page in that tab, then select the
    previous tab and close it by clicking the X. This will return you to your
    Home Page, not to any previous page. But the browser does not have to be
    closed and reopened.

    For that matter, you should always be able to take any tab back to the Home
    Page, or any browser back to the Home Page, by clicking the Home button or
    icon on the browser's toolbar.

    With a browser that supports Tabbed Browsing, it is common that if you do a
    search, the results are displayed, and when you select one of the hits to
    visit, that site is opened in a new tab. In this instance, you can close
    that tab and the search results should still be there for you to make the
    next selection. If the page you are visiting does not let you escape by
    usinng the Back button, then you can close it and keep surfing from the last
    good point before the page opened.

    Jeff Strickland, Aug 1, 2009
  11. ChrisCoaster

    Bob Peters Guest

    ChrisCoaster wrote:
    > P.I.T.A.!!!!!
    >
    > You know when you go to a site - either by link via Google or Yahoo or
    > by typing in their URL, and then when you click the Back button it
    > keeps resolving the current page?
    >
    > You keep hitting Back-Back-BACK-BACK-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!!!! and finally
    > you end up just having to close MS Internet Explorer and open a new
    > one.
    >
    > What's up with that??
    >
    > -ChrisCoaster

    Instead of just the regular back button, click the little triangle to go
    back more than one jump at a time, back to the page you were trying to
    return to.

    --
    (If you want to email me, lose the pretenses.)

    Don't settle for corporate values misrepresented as Christian values.
    Join the Project for a New American Populist Movement.
    http://www.populism.us

    "Everybody knows everything about all of us. That's too much knowledge.
    I can't get behind that."--William Shatner featuring Henry Rollins

    "Knee-jerk disdain of Government cannot rebuild our levees or fix our
    schools."--President Obama

    Bob Peters, Aug 2, 2009