Sticky Threads and Helpful Information

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?cHV0bmlr?=, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?cHV0bmlr?=, Mar 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cHV0bmlr?=

    Malke Guest

    putnik wrote:

    > It seems that much good information quickly gets buried by other
    > postings, often about the same subject. Can some of those with the
    > basic information be put at the front of the queue?
    >
    > I would suggest also some of the good links given in the past, eg:
    >
    > Wireless Setup:
    > http://www.ezlan.net./#Wireless
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx
    >
    > Disconnection Problems :
    > http://www.dslreports.com/faq/12948
    > http://www.overclockers.com/tips1164/

    This is because you are using the web interface to these newsgroups,
    which is awful. If you use a real newsreader, you won't have the
    problem of "buried postings". Here is information to help you with
    that, including explanations.

    Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
    really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
    learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
    but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
    some links to information about newsgroups:

    About Usenet:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
    http://groups.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=basics.html - Basics
    of Usenet
    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
    explanation of newsgroups

    Using Outlook Express as Newsreader:
    http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

    How to Post:
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
    working properly
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
    crossposting

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Mar 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cHV0bmlr?=

    Guest

    Thanks for educating me. I have found Google Groups which seems good.
    I'm avoiding Outlook Express as I prefer using web based systems that
    suit my somewhat itinerant life style.

    , Mar 27, 2006