    Cheers, Bev
    "Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's already built
    into the User?" -- Steve Shaw, regarding Win95
    The Real Bev, May 3, 2012

  2. The Real Bev

    MG Guest

    "The Real Bev" <> wrote in message
    news:jnuvj1$4e3$...
    > You used to be able to check off features you wanted (AA batts,
    > viewfinder, 3" screen etc) and end up with a list of the cameras that meet
    > your requirements along with detailed reviews thereof.
    >
    > I just looked at his site again after at least a year. Is that feature
    > still there and I was just too dumb to find it, or if he killed it is
    > there any other site that does that now?

    http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras

    It takes a lttle getting used to when using it for the first time, but works
    well once you have figured it out.

    --
    MG
    MG, May 4, 2012

  3. The Real Bev

    The Real Bev Guest

    On 05/03/2012 11:22 PM, MG wrote:

    > "The Real Bev"<> wrote in message
    >> You used to be able to check off features you wanted (AA batts,
    >> viewfinder, 3" screen etc) and end up with a list of the cameras that meet
    >> your requirements along with detailed reviews thereof.
    >>
    >> I just looked at his site again after at least a year. Is that feature
    >> still there and I was just too dumb to find it, or if he killed it is
    >> there any other site that does that now?

    > http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
    >
    > It takes a lttle getting used to when using it for the first time, but works
    > well once you have figured it out.

    Very small list. I don't think Steve ever dropped anything off, and I'm
    willing to buy used or older tech. I don't see how people get along in
    daylight without a viewfinder, and most reasonably-priced (under $400)
    cameras just don't have them any more. The one on my Canon A720IS is a
    bit off close-up, but it's way easier to use than the screen (even after
    I added the anti-reflective film).

    My 4x5/120 Speed Graphic spoiled me :-(

    --
    Cheers, Bev
    Will give investment advice for food.
    The Real Bev, May 4, 2012
  4. The Real Bev

    MG Guest

    >> http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
    >>
    >> It takes a lttle getting used to when using it for the first time, but
    >> works
    >> well once you have figured it out.

    > Very small list. I don't think Steve ever dropped anything off, and I'm
    > willing to buy used or older tech.

    Near the top left is a check box labeled "Include discontinued". Then you
    have plenty to choose from.

    > I don't see how people get along in daylight without a viewfinder, and
    > most reasonably-priced (under $400) cameras just don't have them any more.

    For this you can use
    http://www.dpreview.com/products/search/cameras
    Sorry, I was a bit confused earlier. This is the one that takes bit of
    effort to work out. It works well once you have learned how to use it.

    --
    MG
    MG, May 4, 2012
  5. The Real Bev

    The Real Bev Guest

    On 05/04/2012 01:21 PM, MG wrote:

    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras
    >>>
    >>> It takes a lttle getting used to when using it for the first time, but
    >>> works well once you have figured it out.

    >> Very small list. I don't think Steve ever dropped anything off, and I'm
    >> willing to buy used or older tech.

    > Near the top left is a check box labeled "Include discontinued". Then you
    > have plenty to choose from.

    I couldn't find that. Got the URL?

    The 'camera store' page gives a lot of search options, but nothing like
    he/it used to. Any camera I buy MUST have a viewfinder and AA
    batteries. Those search options weren't available.

    >> I don't see how people get along in daylight without a viewfinder, and
    >> most reasonably-priced (under $400) cameras just don't have them any more.

    > For this you can use
    > http://www.dpreview.com/products/search/cameras
    > Sorry, I was a bit confused earlier. This is the one that takes bit of
    > effort to work out. It works well once you have learned how to use it.

    It's better, but couldn't find a better camera than my Canon A720IS,
    which had better last forever.

    --
    Cheers, Bev

    "I love this country...
    ...and the freedoms we used to have..."
    --George Carlin
    The Real Bev, May 5, 2012
  6. The Real Bev

    >>> Very small list. I don't think Steve ever dropped anything off, and
    >>> I'm
    >>> willing to buy used or older tech.

    >> Near the top left is a check box labeled "Include discontinued". Then you
    >> have plenty to choose from.

    > I couldn't find that. Got the URL?

    The one mentioned above ie:
    http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras

    > The 'camera store' page gives a lot of search options, but nothing like
    > he/it used to. Any camera I buy MUST have a viewfinder and AA batteries.
    > Those search options weren't available.

    Both these options are available on the URL mentioned below ie

    MG, May 5, 2012
  7. The Real Bev

    The Real Bev Guest

    On 05/04/2012 11:02 PM, MG wrote:

    > "The Real Bev"<> wrote in message

    >>> Near the top left is a check box labeled "Include discontinued". Then you
    >>> have plenty to choose from.

    >> I couldn't find that. Got the URL?

    > The one mentioned above ie:
    > http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/cameras

    Found it! I guess I didn't look down+right far enough.

    >> The 'camera store' page gives a lot of search options, but nothing like
    >> he/it used to. Any camera I buy MUST have a viewfinder and AA batteries.
    >> Those search options weren't available.

    > Both these options are available on the URL mentioned below ie
    > http://www.dpreview.com/products/search/cameras

    Ditto. Clicking 'discontinued' added in only one camera -- a Kodak. I
    love Kodak and it's tremendously sad to see what's happened to it. We
    have two Medalists and when we had long-run xeroxing done the Kodak
    machines did it better than any other brand. Still, the cameras are
    orphans now.

    >>> For this you can use
    >>> http://www.dpreview.com/products/search/cameras
    >>> Sorry, I was a bit confused earlier. This is the one that takes bit of
    >>> effort to work out. It works well once you have learned how to use it.

    >> It's better, but couldn't find a better camera than my Canon A720IS, which
    >> had better last forever.

    Ebay has them for ~$40-$50. Ponder...

    --
    Cheers, Bev