    Spam Blocked Guest

    Boredom would have already set in if it were not for this individual.
    Be sure to thank him!
    Spam Blocked, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Spam Blocked

    Spam Blocked Guest

    You are boring me loser!

    Spam Blocked, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Spam Blocked

    Spam Blocked Guest

    > Boredom would have already set in if it were not for this individual.
    > Be sure to thank him!

    You truly must have a pathetic life, sitting alone all day, un-employed.
    Just you and your invisible friends. If you think you are so clever why not
    move to a real Geek newsgroup and challenge them! If you are so convinced
    that your are superior, well do you have the cajones to move? Or is your day
    spent with one hand on the Johnston as that's all you talk about.
    Spam Blocked, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Spam Blocked

    Mr BowTie Guest

    > Subject: STEVE Y is keeping me BUSY

    yep, so busy you'll step in his grass trap

    then it'll only be a matter of covering the hole
    Mr BowTie, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Spam Blocked

    Steve Young Guest

    As You Continue to Forge

    Spam Blocked is now a forged screen name of the original

    The original Spam Blocked is now Troll Killer

    Think we can do something, or should we say bye bye
    to rpd as we all once knew it?
    Steve Young, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Spam Blocked

    Steve Young Guest

    > > The forged "Spam Blocked" <> wrote
    >
    > > Boredom would have already set in if it were not for this individual.
    > > Be sure to thank him!

    I will

    > You truly must have a pathetic life, sitting alone all day, un-employed.

    as in retired?
    or possibly having done right with a lifetime of opportunity

    > Just you and your invisible friends.

    and they aren't visible to you?
    that would be good, because then a blindside becomes a cake walk

    > If you think you are so clever why not
    > move to a real Geek newsgroup and challenge them! If you are so
    > convinced that your are superior, well do you have the cajones
    > to move?

    What? you want this place all to yourself?

    > Or is your day spent with one hand on the Johnston

    that's Johnson dude, no t
    mine's Herman BTW ;)

    > as that's all you talk about.

    never once in years and years
    you must not be a real fan
    Steve Young, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Spam Blocked

    Sam Spayde Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    In message
    <PGOeb.166648$> "Steve
    Young" <> wrote:

    >Spam Blocked is now a forged screen name of the original

    There is no forgery when the address does not exist in the real world.

    >The original Spam Blocked is now Troll Killer

    Taking the name of an idiot makes little sense.

    >Think we can do something, or should we say bye bye
    >to rpd as we all once knew it?

    And trolling nanau is helping you how? Read the FAQ and quit whining.
    Sam Spayde, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Spam Blocked

    zxcvbob Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    Steve Young wrote:

    > Spam Blocked is now a forged screen name of the original
    >
    > The original Spam Blocked is now Troll Killer
    >
    > Think we can do something, or should we say bye bye
    > to rpd as we all once knew it?

    Steve,
    Haven't you figured out yet that nanau doesn't care about *anything* (I
    really don't understand why they still exist), and in all likelihood that's
    where some of the trolls are coming from? Trolls hang out in nanau, and
    when someone posts a complaint there, the trolls follow him home.

    The only thing that does any good is educating people how to use filters.
    And even that is easily overdone.

    Best regards,
    Bob
    zxcvbob, Oct 2, 2003
  9. Spam Blocked

    Steve Young Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    "Sam Spayde" <> wrote in message
    > In message
    > <PGOeb.166648$> "Steve
    > Young" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Spam Blocked is now a forged screen name of the original

    > There is no forgery when the address does not exist in the real world.

    OK, though I didn't say forged his address
    So allow me to change it then to 'usurped' his screen name or assumed his
    handle or identity. This has happened to a number of people and it confuses
    the casual reader into doing what they may not normally do, which simply
    exacerbates the problem.

    > >The original Spam Blocked is now Troll Killer

    > Taking the name of an idiot makes little sense.

    I don't exactly understand your comment, as I have not had any previous
    encounters with any prior person who was named Troll Killer, so I'm unaware
    that the handle was possibly used by an idiot

    > >Think we can do something, or should we say bye bye
    > >to rpd as we all once knew it?

    > And trolling nanau is helping you how?

    Is depositing and discussing these problems, trolling this supposed "abuse"
    group? Keep in mind, I did not make the original 'usurped name' post here. Am
    I supposed to assume that you are all-knowing?

    > Read the FAQ and quit whining.

    I do my share of reading, but I would never have equated my request and
    discussion here with trolling, no matter how many times I've read it.

    Steve Young

    PS (you people seem to be very helpful)
    Steve Young, Oct 2, 2003
  10. Spam Blocked

    Steve Young Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    > >Steve Young wrote:
    > > Think we can do something, or should we say bye bye
    > > to rpd as we all once knew it?

    > "zxcvbob" <> wrote
    > Steve,
    > Haven't you figured out yet that nanau doesn't care about *anything* (I
    > really don't understand why they still exist), and in all likelihood that's
    > where some of the trolls are coming from? Trolls hang out in nanau, and
    > when someone posts a complaint there, the trolls follow him home.

    I'm beginning to understand that
    What an unfortunate disposition for Usenet to be knotted up in
    Much akin to killing the goose that lays the golden eggs
    (think content providers)

    Steve Young
    Steve Young, Oct 2, 2003
  11. Re: As You Continue to Forge

    There hasn't been a news admin on NANAU since 1973, the group was abandoned
    when the general public got net access en mass
    Darrell Larose, Oct 2, 2003
  12. Spam Blocked

    Sam Spayde Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    In message
    <MJVeb.166849$> "Steve
    Young" <> wrote:

    >"Sam Spayde" <> wrote in message
    >> In message
    >> <PGOeb.166648$> "Steve
    >> Young" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Spam Blocked is now a forged screen name of the original

    >> There is no forgery when the address does not exist in the real world.

    >OK, though I didn't say forged his address
    >So allow me to change it then to 'usurped' his screen name or assumed his
    >handle or identity. This has happened to a number of people and it confuses
    >the casual reader into doing what they may not normally do, which simply
    >exacerbates the problem.

    That doesn't change the answer. You don't own a screen name any more
    than you do a munged email address. If you want to claim ownership of
    a posting handle, you will have to use your own legitimate email
    address, but the name can be used by anyone who wishes to use it.

    >> >The original Spam Blocked is now Troll Killer

    >> Taking the name of an idiot makes little sense.

    >I don't exactly understand your comment, as I have not had any previous
    >encounters with any prior person who was named Troll Killer, so I'm unaware
    >that the handle was possibly used by an idiot

    The name "Troll Killer" is used by thousands of idiots who think they
    can somehow scare trolls away by threatening them. They are all fools.

    >> >Think we can do something, or should we say bye bye
    >> >to rpd as we all once knew it?

    >> And trolling nanau is helping you how?

    >Is depositing and discussing these problems, trolling this supposed "abuse"
    >group? Keep in mind, I did not make the original 'usurped name' post here. Am
    >I supposed to assume that you are all-knowing?

    You have made quite a few posts here over the last several days, and
    all you are doing is making a bigger target for your group. You are as
    much a part of your "problem" as the troll you are ranting about. The
    sooner you learn to ignore his posts the quicker your problems will
    disappear.

    >> Read the FAQ and quit whining.

    >I do my share of reading, but I would never have equated my request and
    >discussion here with trolling, no matter how many times I've read it.
    >
    >Steve Young
    >
    >PS (you people seem to be very helpful)

    You seem to think that this group should be concerned with one troll
    out of millions. The simple truth is that your concerns would be
    better addressed with the abuse department of the troll and not with
    all abuse departments on usenet. If they won't help you, and that
    appears to be the case, then use a filter to exclude that provider.
    If your newsreader is not capable of filtering on the Path: header,
    there are third party addons that will. (e.g. http://www.nfilter.org/)
    Sam Spayde, Oct 2, 2003
  13. Spam Blocked

    Steve Young Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    > "Darrell Larose" <> wrote
    > There hasn't been a news admin on NANAU since 1973, the group
    > was abandoned when the general public got net access en mass

    you mean there is no news.admin.abuse ?

    sad sad sad

    I guess I was just too willing in accepting a 'set follow-up', when my earlier
    reads in the group have suggested possibly the inmates were running the asylum
    Though I might dispute your 1973. That was before Gore wasn't it?;)
    Steve Young, Oct 2, 2003
  14. Re: As You Continue to Forge

    Darrell Larose <> wrote:
    > There hasn't been a news admin on NANAU since 1973, the group was abandoned
    > when the general public got net access en mass

    NANAU is best read with a computer and your eyes open. Granted, the
    active, visible, interest has been limited, for good reasons, but your
    statement is quite over the top. See for example the recent tiscali.nl
    UDP discussion. OTOH, you are 'right' in the sense that the admins
    mostly hang out in other groups, but that does not mean that none of
    them are in NANAU.
    Frank Slootweg, Oct 3, 2003
  15. Spam Blocked

    do not spam Guest

    Re: As You Continue to Forge

    "Darrell Larose" <> writes:

    >There hasn't been a news admin on NANAU since 1973,

    Stoopid troll, no bikkit.

    News admins do read here, some of them admin big sites. However, this
    groups is not for abuse on the net (e.g. "You are a %$&ยง# !!!") but
    for abuse _of_ the net (e.g. spamming == posting the same article many
    times, flooding, heavy duty morphing, ...).

    The last discussion about a flooding attempt was around August 1st.
    I suggest the readers of rec.photo.digital get some facts which answer
    questions like these:
    - how many articles rec.photo.digital had last week and/or month
    - how many of these were from the flooder(-s)
    - how many addresses s/he/it used as a from line

    IOW: Do your homework first, *then* complain presenting all necessary
    evidence.
    --
    The first entry of Sin into the mind occurs when, out of cowardice or
    conformity or vanity, the Real is replaced by a comforting lie.
    do not spam, Oct 3, 2003