    P.S. I believe Buck Henry co-wrote the short w/ Martin--can anybody out
    there confirm this? Also, who played Henry's dining companion? Lastly, can
    anyone recommend a good web site on Steve Martin? Thanks.
    Curtin/Dobbs, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Curtin/Dobbs

    jayembee Guest

    "Curtin/Dobbs" <> wrote:

    > I remember as a very, very young man back in the late
    > 70's-early 80's attending a Steve Martin concert and
    > seeing a theatrical short he had made where he plays a
    > wacky waiter and Buck Henry plays his apparent victim
    > of a customer. NTS, it was quite hilarious and made me
    > pine for the theatrical comedy shorts of yore.
    >
    > My question, dear readers (& thank you in advance), is
    > this Steve Martin short available anywhere on video?
    > Perhaps as an extra on one of his DVD's, say?

    Not that I'm aware of.

    > P.S. I believe Buck Henry co-wrote the short w/ Martin
    > --can anybody out there confirm this? Also, who played
    > Henry's dining companion?

    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0075626/

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Curtin/Dobbs

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > "Curtin/Dobbs" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I remember as a very, very young man back in the late
    > > 70's-early 80's attending a Steve Martin concert and
    > > seeing a theatrical short he had made where he plays a
    > > wacky waiter and Buck Henry plays his apparent victim
    > > of a customer. NTS, it was quite hilarious and made me
    > > pine for the theatrical comedy shorts of yore.
    > >
    > > My question, dear readers (& thank you in advance), is
    > > this Steve Martin short available anywhere on video?
    > > Perhaps as an extra on one of his DVD's, say?

    > Not that I'm aware of.

    The short was on a VHS release of a live Steve Martin concert, along
    with another in which other comedians (including David Lettermen and
    Paul Simon) treat him as a comedy god. No dvd release yet, but maybe
    you can hunt down a copy.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Curtin/Dobbs

    VBV20 Guest

    The short is on the VHS version of Steve Martin Live, a film of one of his last
    stand-up performances. Not only is the short on it, but a piece shot
    especially for the video with Paul Simon and David Letterman with Dave at his
    acting worst.

    And Teri Garr was the other co-star.
    VBV20, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Curtin/Dobbs

    Chris Barrus Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:51:36 -0700, Curtin/Dobbs wrote
    (in article <c6jAc.128314$Ly.55069@attbi_s01>):

    > I remember as a very, very young man back in the late 70's-early 80's
    > attending a Steve Martin concert and seeing a theatrical short he had made
    > where he plays a wacky waiter and Buck Henry plays his apparent victim of a
    > customer. NTS, it was quite hilarious and made me pine for the theatrical
    > comedy shorts of yore.
    >
    > My question, dear readers (& thank you in advance), is this Steve Martin
    > short available anywhere on video? Perhaps as an extra on one of his DVD's,
    > say?

    It's called "The Absent-Minded Waiter" and you can view it on his website:
    http://www.stevemartin.com/world_of_steve/film/showFilm.php?film=The Absent-
    Minded+Waiter

    > P.S. I believe Buck Henry co-wrote the short w/ Martin--can anybody out
    > there confirm this?

    Martin wrote the whole thing

    > Also, who played Henry's dining companion?

    Terri Garr

    > Lastly, can anyone recommend a good web site on Steve Martin?

    How about his own? http://www.stevemartin.com

    -c.
    Chris Barrus, Jun 18, 2004