    I need the monitor back so my wife won't kill me!
    Thanks Again,

    jack - Learning XP Pro Today with your help! =0)

    Jack Barrett, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Jack Barrett

    derek / nul Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:54:53 GMT, "Jack Barrett" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >I'm back again!
    >I just tried to change the resolution on a clean install and now I can't get
    >my monitor to work =0(
    >I am booting from the XP disc for the recovery console.
    >I type in the drive I want/then administrator password/then I get
    >C:\windows?
    >Now what?
    >Can someone please tell me the steps to get this going properly.
    >I need the monitor back so my wife won't kill me!

    You don't need the recovery console for that.
    Boot to safe mode, F8 when it comes to the first windows screen.

    What you are missing is the driver for your video card, do you know what kind of
    video card?
    You 'should' have got a motherboard cd, it may be on there.

    Derek

    derek / nul, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Jack Barrett

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Jack Barrett" <> wrote in

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I'm back again!
    > I just tried to change the resolution on a clean install and now I
    > can't get my monitor to work =0(
    > I am booting from the XP disc for the recovery console.
    > I type in the drive I want/then administrator password/then I get
    > C:\windows?
    > Now what?
    > Can someone please tell me the steps to get this going properly.
    > I need the monitor back so my wife won't kill me!
    > Thanks Again,
    >
    > jack - Learning XP Pro Today with your help! =0)

    Then I'll suggest you purchase the Windows XP Professional Resource Kit
    Book. It will tell you all you need to know. :)

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp.php

    You may want to *harden* the O/S to attacks.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    It won't boot up in safe mode =0(
    I press F8 then it loads drivers on the screen and seems to stop and stall
    for some reason!
    I can't even get to change the drivers for the video card!

    jack

    Jack Barrett, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Jack Barrett

    Thor Guest

    Use the MSKB link below for instructions on invoking system restore from a
    safe mode w/command prompt (doesn't require you to boot fully into safe
    mode, so it should work). If all else fails, you can run the recovery
    console by booting to your windows XP CD, and choose the reovery console
    from the startup options given by the boot cd. But, I would instead just
    choose the install option, and then pick the repair install option from the
    installation choices.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304449&Product=winxp

    Thor, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    Hey Thor - Thanks Again for the insight =0)
    I just did a clean install to make sure everything is working the way it
    should!

    Best,

    Jack Barrett
    http://windsurf_2.tripod.com