Stephen Fry Admits He’s a BitTorrent Pirate

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Woger, Jul 14, 2009.

  1. Woger

    Woger Guest

    Woger, Jul 14, 2009

  2. Woger

    victor Guest

    Woger wrote:

    > Actor Admits He’s a BitTorrent Pirate
    > Let’s see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
    > illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
    > the MPAA’s lawyers would like to have a word with you
    >

    > http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-admits-hes-a-bittorrent-pirate-090713/
    >

    > How can you value Free TV shows..?

    You pretend that all the files are stolen CDs and DVDs, then you claim
    that all those stolen CDs and DVDs are losses of billions of dollars
    from your creative industries and your local content creators and get
    your government to set up a quasi judicial process at the taxpayers cost
    to stop all the money being lost by terminating internet accounts of the
    isps highest users.
    When you succeed, all your record companies will be rich beyond their
    wildest dreams on imaginary income from imaginary property because all
    those pretend stolen CDs and DVDs will apparently now have been bought,
    not ground up and recycled and recorded as losses.

    victor, Jul 14, 2009

  3. In article <h3j3k4$3hu$-september.org>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >Whereas here, we have a 'content creator', Stephen Fry, an example of a
    >person whom the MPAA/whatever is supposed to be representing and protecting,
    >without whom they wouldn't exist, downloading a few shows. I'd love to see a
    >prosecution go ahead, (not that I wish ill on Stephen Fry) I think the irony
    >alone would be worth it.

    Oh yes ... please ! He's a tremendously clever chap ... I would just *love*
    to hear some of his one liners that would obviously come out of that.
    Looking foolish would be the smallest of the industries problems. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 15, 2009
  4. Woger

    victor Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    >> Woger wrote:
    >>> Actor Admits He’s a BitTorrent Pirate
    >>> Let’s see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry
    >>> admitted to illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in
    >>> TV episodes. Mr. Fry, the MPAA’s lawyers would like to have a word
    >>> with you
    >>>
    >>> http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-admits-hes-a-bittorrent-pirate-090713/
    >>>
    >>> How can you value Free TV shows..?

    >> You pretend that all the files are stolen CDs and DVDs, then you claim
    >> that all those stolen CDs and DVDs are losses of billions of dollars
    >> from your creative industries and your local content creators and get
    >> your government to set up a quasi judicial process at the taxpayers
    >> cost to stop all the money being lost by terminating internet
    >> accounts of the isps highest users.
    >> When you succeed, all your record companies will be rich beyond their
    >> wildest dreams on imaginary income from imaginary property because all
    >> those pretend stolen CDs and DVDs will apparently now have been
    >> bought, not ground up and recycled and recorded as losses.

    > Whereas here, we have a 'content creator', Stephen Fry, an example of a
    > person whom the MPAA/whatever is supposed to be representing and protecting,
    > without whom they wouldn't exist, downloading a few shows. I'd love to see a
    > prosecution go ahead, (not that I wish ill on Stephen Fry) I think the irony
    > alone would be worth it.

    I don't think he is concerned about people downloading his previous work
    off Bittorrent either.
    Reputation/mindshare is the currency of internet media which can be
    converted for a real life payoff. Here's an example where his previous
    work enhances his reputation so that he is invited as a paid speaker at
    the iTunes festival which enhances their reputation and so it goes.

    victor, Jul 15, 2009
  5. Woger

    Gordon Guest

    Re: Stephen Fry Admits HeÂ’s a BitTorrent Pirate

    On 2009-07-14, Woger <> wrote:

    > How can you value Free TV shows..?

    By the number of the viewing audience who watch the ads.

    Gordon, Jul 15, 2009
  6. Hi there,

    Woger wrote:

    > Actor Admits He’s a BitTorrent Pirate
    > Let’s see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
    > illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
    > the MPAA’s lawyers would like to have a word with you
    >
    > http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-admits-hes-a-bittorrent-pirate-090713/
    >

    > How can you value Free TV shows..?

    Don't worry Woger, impossible or whoisthis will report him to the
    authorities promptly.

    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Jul 17, 2009
  7. Woger

    Woger Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:10:56 +1000, Chris Wilkinson <>
    wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >Woger wrote:
    >>
    >> Actor Admits He’s a BitTorrent Pirate
    >> Let’s see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
    >> illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
    >> the MPAA’s lawyers would like to have a word with you
    >>
    >> http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-admits-hes-a-bittorrent-pirate-090713/
    >>

    >> How can you value Free TV shows..?

    >Don't worry Woger, impossible or whoisthis will report him to the
    >authorities promptly.
    >
    >Kind regards,
    >
    >Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    What I was asking was this...